Break up. Heart broken.

Hey guys,

So I broke up with a guy I was seeing for two and a half years about two months ago and it's all been hell. Just wanted to vent and get opinions as I feel quite alone at the moment.

Everything was fine and the breakup came as a complete shock. Like literally out of no where. Three days before we had a romantic champagne meal cooked by him with a romantic evening.

Everything was lovely and I love this guy with all my heart. We clicked and everything was lovely. Then one Monday he text to say we were not working anymore and he wanted to talk about us. Reasons were that he didn't feel he could give me what I wanted, which he meant was moving in together etc and said he wanted to be on his own and isolated. He said he still loved me and sobbed even though he's quite reserved and never cries. He said he wanted me in his life but that he couldn't do a relationship anymore as he just couldn't consider or compromise for anyone else.

We agreed a weeks space and met, he hadn't changed his mind and said he loved me still. Again he cried. We parted ways and I'll admit I was about crazy where I tried to fight to recover things.

Two weeks later he told me he hadn't missed me and that he didn't love me enough to carry things on. This is despite his friends telling he he's hurting. He dumped me on the day of his new job.

Now we haven't had contact for a month. I bumped into him on my way to work and he barely looked at me.

I'm at a loss to comprehend where this has come from. Surely he loved me. But where does the animosity come from?

Peter

OngoingThoughts
Hey guys,

So I broke up with a guy I was seeing for two and a half years about two months ago and it's all been hell. Just wanted to vent and get opinions as I feel quite alone at the moment.

Everything was fine and the breakup came as a complete shock. Like literally out of no where. Three days before we had a romantic champagne meal cooked by him with a romantic evening.

Everything was lovely and I love this guy with all my heart. We clicked and everything was lovely. Then one Monday he text to say we were not working anymore and he wanted to talk about us. Reasons were that he didn't feel he could give me what I wanted, which he meant was moving in together etc and said he wanted to be on his own and isolated. He said he still loved me and sobbed even though he's quite reserved and never cries. He said he wanted me in his life but that he couldn't do a relationship anymore as he just couldn't consider or compromise for anyone else.

We agreed a weeks space and met, he hadn't changed his mind and said he loved me still. Again he cried. We parted ways and I'll admit I was about crazy where I tried to fight to recover things.

Two weeks later he told me he hadn't missed me and that he didn't love me enough to carry things on. This is despite his friends telling he he's hurting. He dumped me on the day of his new job.

Now we haven't had contact for a month. I bumped into him on my way to work and he barely looked at me.

I'm at a loss to comprehend where this has come from. Surely he loved me. But where does the animosity come from?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm shocked. Your story sounds a lot like mine.. I've been dating a girl for 2,5 years and she broke up with me as well about 5 weeks ago.

We were about to live together, but she left me with the house in the weekend we were moving my stuff there. She told me she loved me, but she can't be in a relationship any longer because she feels like she needs time for herself to figure things out. I'm incredibly hurt because it came out of nowhere for me as well, we just had gone shopping for decoration in the new home and painted it..

So you're not alone. I can't really give you any advice, since I'm still struggling with it myself as well. I just try to tell myself I just have to believe that I can actually make it through and be okay and happy by myself, and the same applies to you I think. Even though that looks quite impossible from the point we are standing now. Just know you're not alone..

Who knows what happens once we're feeling a bit better again. We cannot see the future, and dwelling on the past isn't going to change a thing. They won't come back because of it..

Love and hugs,

Lena