Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?

beachlover966

My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every day talking to me as a friend to keep in touch and he asks how things are going with me. I am also responding to his texts and calls. Why does he still text and call me when he dumped me? Am I wrong for responding to his texts and calls when he dumped me? Should I ignore his texts and calls for now on since I want to move on, forget about him, and date other guys?

• Like 1

Yes, you should ignore him and block him.

You can't be "just friends" when one/both of you still have a romantic attachment. He will still continue to pressure you to have sex, if you continue.

• Like 1

You want to move on, so it is best to remain no contact. In my opinion, it's very disrespectful for him to contact you and pressure you into having sex with him after he dumped you.

It sounds like he wants to keep you in his life in the way he wants. But if you're not willing to do that, it's time to stop communicating if you want to move on.

• Like 1

Ignore him, block him, and move on.

You owe him nothing.

Walk forward into the sunshine.

Take care.

My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every day talking to me as a friend to keep in touch and he asks how things are going with me. I am also responding to his texts and calls. Why does he still text and call me when he dumped me? Am I wrong for responding to his texts and calls when he dumped me? Should I ignore his texts and calls for now on since I want to move on, forget about him, and date other guys?

He thinks he is still in with a chance, and if he sticks in there long enough you will take him back and have sex with him to keep him from dumping you, this time around.

Stop responding,

It is a mistake for you to continue to engage with him. You know his agenda: he wants sex. Now he's not respecting your wishes to be left alone. Great guy you got there -- not!

The more you interact with him the longer it will take you to get over him.

Next time you speak to him which should be the last, tell him point blank: You dumped me because I won't have sex with you. That makes you a jerk who only cares about himself & doesn't care about me. Now you continue to insert yourself into my life. You are being pushy on so many levels. I am not going to have sex with you. Leave me alone.

If he doesn't, get a parent or teacher involved.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix

If you actually want to move on, then yes, it's wrong. If you want to stay in limbo and go through hell, then keep doing what you're doing.

• Like 1