What does my ex want?

tempurabits

I broke up with my ex cause i felt like he was here physically but not emotionally anymore and was just stringing me along. He agreed and said lets just be friends and he kept saying for now so i was confused.

I tried to justify getting back together and poured my heart out to him, cause he was sending me mixed signals. I regretted breaking up and i didn't really think it through. Maybe he was actually confused and I just didn't give him time? He turned it down. I stopped chasing after him and let it be.

But recently, I've been starting to enjoy life again and go out with my friends and he sees it. We've been in limited contact. He keeps sending me our inside jokes and misleading things like wanna cuddle?, why don't you visit me, love you more etc. I reply once in a while cause i wasn't ready to let go 100% yet. The more i ignore him, the more he sends. I don't even think about him as much anymore and I'm starting to move on. He keeps asking our mutual friend about me.

He keeps asking me to go over to get my stuff. I'm not sure if i want to see him and go back to square one if he just wants to return my things. A very small part of me hopes it's an excuse even though I know i'm stupid for thinking that

What does he want? What should i do? Do i ignore him completely? Does he just want attention?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Member request - personally identifiable information
PegNosePete

Sorry but he's made it clear he doesn't want a relationship with you. You need to accept that.

Do you want your stuff back?

If so, go and get it. Just tell him to put it in a box and hand it over when you get there. No quick cup of coffee, chats, etc. Just hand over the box and leave.

If you're not bothered about the stuff, just tell him to bin it.

Once the stuff is sorted out, you've no reason to stay in contact with him.

stillafool

I don't know what he wants but to answer that question, text him back and ask him what does he want? If you don't want to be bothered block him an continue moving on with your life. Good luck!

• Author
tempurabits

Oh to clarify, we argued and he brought up the problems. I tried to explain and tried to fix us. He didn't break up with me, until i did cause i thought he was stringing me along.

privategal

He is still stringing you along.

Hes an ex and shouldnt be on your social media. You are posting for his bebefit.

You tried, he rejected your attempts.

He didnt want to work it out so block him.

• Like 1
  • Author
tempurabits
He is still stringing you along.

Hes an ex and shouldnt be on your social media. You are posting for his bebefit.

You tried, he rejected your attempts.

He didnt want to work it out so block him.

Really? Aren't i the one calling the shots now. I never initiate contact first and i ignore it most of the time. He contacts again and i'll reply and ignore him again? He replies every time i respond back. He would double or triple contact me even after i ignore him?

He wants be to friends but idk if that's a good idea.

Edited by tempurabits
Really? Aren't i the one calling the shots now. I never initiate contact first and i ignore it most of the time. He contacts again and i'll reply and ignore him again? He replies every time i respond back. He would double or triple contact me even after i ignore him?

He wants be to friends but idk if that's a good idea.

That's why you have to block/remove him, not just look at his messages and choose not to respond. When you block/remove him, there will be nothing to tempt you to reply.

Aren't i the one calling the shots now.

No. You're wasting your time playing games, but I wouldn't consider that "calling the shots." What exactly do you want out of this? If you want to get back together, he has already told you twice he doesn't want that, and you're just holding yourself back by staying in contact with him. It doesn't sound like either of you are ready to have a real friendship at this point. He still talks about cuddling with you, so when he says "be friends" what he really means is that he wants to keep having sex without all those relationship responsibilities.

I just don't see the point of you two staying in contact. Why don't you just block him?

PegNosePete
This is always the million dollar question.

Yep, and there's a million and one answers.

None of them any good.

• Like 1