Is a future with my ex possible?

simplyalone

This is my situation (below) with my now ex who I dated for a year and 3 months and I know you'll think why would I want her back or that I am a creep. I get those comments/criticisms completely. I'm just seeking opinions to see what people have to say on the matter.

So I went to Europe at the end of January and on feb 1st when I came back my girlfriend at the time broke up with me that day. There was a lesbian we both worked with who was in love with her and they along with another couple were hanging out a lot and while I was gone they kissed. She said it was spur of the moment and accidental but I believe that's bull because I've never accidentally kissed someone in my life.

I told her that she wouldn't love her like me and sure enough the lesbian dumped my ex. She felt hurt so I made her breakfast the next day and we kissed a couple times and eventually we went out one night and I stayed over at her house and we basically did everything but had sex. While on our way home that night I asked if she was talking to anyone and she said someone just a friend but wouldn't tell me who it was and said the person knew me and asked her not to tell anyone.

We did hang out more and I laid with her more because she was sick and wanted me around and that was enjoyable but not knowing who the person was still bothered me. So being curious and worried, I ended up logging into her phone bill and saw a phone number and found out who it was.

I asked the person directly who the number belonged to and they swore up and down they weren't doing anything which I believe to be true but before we talked he called her and asked her what she's been telling people and I reassured him she didn't say anything to me which she didn't. So me and the other person talked it out and all was fine. She didn't know how I knew but a few days later I told her the truth because I felt like a piece of crap for doing what I did.

She was pissed and cursing at me and rightfully so because I understand what I did wasn't right. I did something else nice for her and she was fine with us being friends and a week later she didn't want to be friends because she says I betrayed her. Then I did something else nice for her because I found a drink she enjoys in a store and gave it to her by putting it in her car. She was creeped out and said if I did anything else like that or talked to her anymore she would get a restraining order against me.

So after hearing that I backed off. Also she is already dating someone else so basically her 2nd rebound in 3 months. She is only 19 and I'm 32 so I understand the difference in age mind wise and I think she moves on so quickly because she doesn't want to be alone. The same thing happened with her ex before me and we were sleeping together while they were still going out and 2 months after doing that we dated for a year and 3 months. So it seems to be her style when it comes to relationships. I really do love and miss her quite a bit and she is on my mind pretty much all day everyday. What I want to know is if anyone thinks I will possibly have a chance with her in the future? If so, how should I go about doing this? Moving on seems like my only option but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

TaraMaiden2

No.

Moving on IS your only option.

What she chooses to do is her choice, none of your business and of no bearing on your situation, at all.

She's barely out of her teens, and you are way too old for her.

That, in her mind, makes you an old guy who's being a nuisance.

Take the Restraining Order threat seriously.

If I were she, I'd be avoiding such a situation like the plague.

Really, move on.

Read the NC Guide in my signature, because this has "Drama" written all over it.

You're behaving in a very immature and irresponsible way, and frankly, it's quite worrying.

Wind it back 2 years and people would be calling you a paedophile.

A bit extreme in my opinion, but that's what the general consensus would be.

Drop this, move on, leave it well alone, and let her get on with her life.

• Like 1

TaraMaiden2 hit the nail on the head. This girl is way too young for you, and she has already threatened you with a restraining order, which is about as big a "stay away" signal as you can get. Start dating girls closer to your own age, a bit younger is one thing but when you're over 30 and you start a relationship with an 18 year old this outcome is to be expected.

• Like 1