Am I Making The Right Decision?

So I have posted on the long distance relationship forum about falling out of love with my now girlfriend. But I can say being with her was an absolute nightmare for sure, she had ran me down emotionally and used me as nothing but an emotional dumping ground and took her anger out on me by either flirting with other people in front of me or show me that somehow she's happier with somebody else than with me after I literally wasted every one of my emotional investments in her.

While she did everything to hurt me, I couldn't stay and wait for someone who obviously is too blind to see that she was being used by people who claimed they cared about her. And her temper especially around children or small situations haunts me, it scares me.

So I am leaning towards ending the relationship for my own well being, am I doing the right thing for myself is getting out of a loveless, cold and toxic relationship? Or am I going to be wasting my time leaving someone for those reasons?

Yes, you are doing the right thing. Your girl does sound like a nightmare, she sounds very high maintenance and spiteful. You shouldn't be with someone who tries to hurt you no matter what, her own issues and reasons for doing so be damned. Find someone who makes you happy and returns your levels of kindness and love.

• Author
Yes, you are doing the right thing. Your girl does sound like a nightmare, she sounds very high maintenance and spiteful. You shouldn't be with someone who tries to hurt you no matter what, her own issues and reasons for doing so be damned. Find someone who makes you happy and returns your levels of kindness and love.

Thank you. I finally decided to end things with her, despite I had been with her for nearly four years. But too much has changed about our relationship and her intentions towards it, there's more about our nightmarish relationship although it may take forever to explain it much lol. But you are right and I appreciate this so much.

OK, so you've "decided" to end things with her, which must mean that as of that post, you had not already. I take your word for it that you will.

So really, my question is pretty much academic - re-read this:

I can say being with her was an absolute nightmare for sure, she had ran me down emotionally and used me as nothing but an emotional dumping ground and took her anger out on me by either flirting with other people in front of me or show me that somehow she's happier with somebody else than with me after I literally wasted every one of my emotional investments in her.

While she did everything to hurt me, I couldn't stay and wait for someone who obviously is too blind to see that she was being used by people who claimed they cared about her. And her temper especially around children or small situations haunts me, it scares me.

and explain the part where you'd consider not dumping her a good idea. In other words, what was the real question?
  • Author
OK, so you've "decided" to end things with her, which must mean that as of that post, you had not already. I take your word for it that you will.

So really, my question is pretty much academic - re-read this:

and explain the part where you'd consider not dumping her a good idea. In other words, what was the real question?

Well in my past relationship (where I was emotionally abused by an ex-boyfriend) when I left the relationship his family members and friends stalked me and attacked me for breaking up with an ex and you can say I have some form of a anxiety ending the current one I am in.

I did have thoughts that if I left my girlfriend that she may become worst than she was, she has already harassed me with phone calls, tried to isolate me from friends and family because of her ungodly jealousy she has towards everyone and even towards me for unknown reasons.

But she also is a sufferer from depression, at least what she claims to have. She also has a obsessive behavior where she seemed to get obsessive angry whenever I don't feel like talking to her on the phone and such like she would say things to make me feel guilty or just cut communication off completely.

The question really is am I wasting my time wanting to leave a woman who may or may not end up committing suicide or am I doing something right for myself because of the chances she's not gonna change anytime soon?