Emotional Barrier

I was left broken about 4 years ago. Since then I've tried to move on, but I'm stuck. I've never had a second date since I've started dating again. I don't know what to do. I've been told I have a huge emotional barrier. How can I get rid of this? Is this because I'm depressed? At times I feel lonely, but maybe I feel alone? I don't sit and cry and I would never do anything to hurt myself so I don't think it's depression, but maybe I'm wrong.

There are several on-line depression self-assessments. Just Google that. A self-assessment will tell you if you exhibit the symptoms of depression but depression is a medical condition which only a physician can diagnose.

Do you shower and brush your teeth regularly? Do you go to work/school every day? Are you sad, despondent, or suicidal?

Who told you you had an emotional barrier? What did they mean by this? Have you considered consulting a therapist? Is a second date a requirement of life or are you saying you just don't like any of the people you are meeting?

Your post is kind of vague.

You keep looking backwards, instead of looking forward. You need to grieve. Maybe you do need to cry, maybe you haven't done it enough. Emotions get stuck because you don't let them out. Express them and understand them and eventually they will not rule you.

Oh, and start planning a future for yourself. Little by little, starting with things you can accomplish.