Sending Back Her Stuff?

Its over (for the second time). The last few months were very volatile with lots of emotional chaos. She was fighting depression and it was a total **** show.

Its been almost a month with no contact. I have a few things of hers that I am thinking of sending back (bikini, bra, toiletries). I go back and forth on how to approach this:

- get rid of the stuff (throw it out)

- box it up and give myself more time for closure

- mail it back to her with no note or commentary of any kind

- send it back with a sarcastic note

My better judgement is not to do anything at the moment but eventually I will need to address this.

What would you do?

Box it up. Mail it back to her with an inventory.

The only personal line should be

Her name --

Enclosed please find the following items of yours which I found after we broke up:

With all finality,

Otter

• Like 2
Its over (for the second time).

Its been almost a month with no contact. I have a few things of hers that I am thinking of sending back (bikini, bra, toiletries).

LOL, the bra and bikini thing kind of made me laugh.

Something tells me its going to be awkward for both of you guys given the items involved.

Might be best to let that ship sail with 99.9% of its cargo.

• Author

Its a hot ass bikini too - very colorful :) I am tempted to hang onto it but i'm sure thats not a good thing either!

• Author

Donovan, I appreciate your feedback but honestly I would rather not put that much into it. Either and empty package or "you are the most negative person I have ever met - good luck".

I do feel resentful at how I was mistreated and i am a little mad at myself for putting up with it. I'm sure the bigger thing to do is not say anything at all.

The effort & the list protects you from a future claim by her that you stole something. It's a CYA thing.

Don't keep the bikini. Doing to makes you seem creepy.

Lol. if its really over, just send her stuff with the postman.

And move on.

Dont trow it away. People like to start drama about stuff they left at your house.

Even thou it have nothing to do with their stuff. lol

• Author

You may or may not find this amusing:

I was just going through the toiletries she has here and i found her toothbrush. Last time she was over she said the toothbrush was "not" hers and implied it belonged to another woman. I'm almost positive I bought it for her since we were together for a while and I did not have any "toothbrush" worthy relationships during our time together.

Thought I would throw the toothbrush in just for kicks :D

Thought I would throw the toothbrush in just for kicks :D

That is just being passive aggressively nasty and is not necessary.

Just throw the toothbrush away and move on already.

• Like 2

Just send it back without a note in it.

Saying something nasty won't get you anywhere, and honestly, won't even give you any pleasure once it is mailed. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :)

• Like 1

Don't be snarky. No one wins - you or her.

I'd just put it in a box and leave it somewhere. If she contacts you and asks for it sometime, fine, if not, fine. It's not like you've got her car and her tv.

(Also keep the bikini haha. I think we discussed that before. :p)

• Like 1
  • Author

Ha ha Jen, great minds! And yes we did - that was the bra. The bikini is much hotter!!

• Like 1
Donovan, I appreciate your feedback but honestly I would rather not put that much into it. Either and empty package or "you are the most negative person I have ever met - good luck".

I do feel resentful at how I was mistreated and i am a little mad at myself for putting up with it. I'm sure the bigger thing to do is not say anything at all.

There you go, personal responsibility for you how you got treated more than once. If you're mad at yourself, don't take it out on her. Just a list, typed is preferable. I'd even skip the greeting and closing.
  • Like 1