Breadcrumbs

Background: Dated last fall briefly. Have seen each other a few times since then. He is the one who does not want to reconcile.

I live some place that has received a lot of snow in the past 2 days. He has a snow plow, he has been over to clear my sidewalks and driveway yesterday and early this morning before I was even out of bed.

I text him to say thank you last night and today and have heard nothing back from him. If I call I go to voicemail.

I do not understand why he is clearing the snow for me. Is it guilt over dumping me?

He has a snow plow, he has been over to clear my sidewalks and driveway yesterday and early this morning before I was even out of bed.

Are you sure it was him? :)

• Like 1
Background: Dated last fall briefly. Have seen each other a few times since then. He is the one who does not want to reconcile.

I live some place that has received a lot of snow in the past 2 days. He has a snow plow, he has been over to clear my sidewalks and driveway yesterday and early this morning before I was even out of bed.

I text him to say thank you last night and today and have heard nothing back from him. If I call I go to voicemail.

I do not understand why he is clearing the snow for me. Is it guilt over dumping me?

Maybe next time you hear from him will be an invoice for his snow clearing services.

I don't have an answer for this, but since he doesn't reply to you...that kind of says it all. At least you don't have to shovel!!

As the title of your thread says... probably breadcrumbs.

He might be missing you;

He might be feeling guilty;

He might still care about you and not want you to be stuck in the snow;

He might be waking up too early without anything better to do;

He might have bought a new snow plow;

He might simply love snow.

But seriously, unless he directly responds to your attempts of communication... there are endless scenarios to imagine, and it's just not worth allowing your mind to go too far in that direction.

Anything else he does is irrelevant in the case of a relationship that has ended.

• Like 1

If he was the one who plowed the snow then he cares about your well being. (Or maybe another secret admirer ?)

It is really nice of him! Thanking him on voicemail/ text is all you can do.

If he wants to date you he would let you know, until then try not to read

into it. I know, it is confusing. Take care!

It's a kind act, not a romantic gesture. You thanked him, now let it go. He isn't responding - likely means he doesn't want to open up channels. So, take that as an answer.