What was the point of this??!!!

My ex had a key to my apartment for about a month.

I wasn't too worried about it figured she would mail it back.

I also have her key which I was going to give back.

I initiated NC because I got tired of all the bread crumb texts she kept sending me. Blocked her number.

I get a knock at my door. It's my ex. She hands me my key and quickly turns away and starts to walk away. I tell her to wait so I can give her her key. She starts getting all agitated so I just tell her to leave.

Is She's all pissed off because I blocked from having access to texting me?

Because she seemed REALLY pissed.

I think your better question is what is the point of worrying about her being pissed when things are over and you are doing NC? Once your keys have been returned, that should be it.

• Like 3
  • Author

Just curious. Because I had always allowed communication which was stupid.

I admit I found it funny how mad she was-I was trying to give her key back but she started yelling and acting all mad so I just told her to leave.

And yes was going to mail it anyway.

My ex had a key to my apartment for about a month.

I wasn't too worried about it figured she would mail it back.

I also have her key which I was going to give back.

I initiated NC because I got tired of all the bread crumb texts she kept sending me. Blocked her number.

I get a knock at my door. It's my ex. She hands me my key and quickly turns away and starts to walk away. I tell her to wait so I can give her her key. She starts getting all agitated so I just tell her to leave.

Is She's all pissed off because I blocked from having access to texting me?

Because she seemed REALLY pissed.

yes, she likely is more hurt than pissed because sometimes nc is the right option for one person but can be hurtful or hard to understand to another. She may not understand what NC is and that you needed space to heal and not get breadcrumbs. She is reacting badly but its not your fault, you did what was right for you. Put her key in the mail with no note or send it to her with a neutral friend and just let it go. Bickering will prolong it. anger comes out when people are hurt, and she didn't know how to deal with the face to face.

She may have still had hopes of reconciliation and reality hit her....(I looked for earlier threads and didn't see any that gave the details of the breakup, your choice or hers....?)

• Author

Not only was it her choice when she dumped me out of the blue she already had started to see another man.

Funny in that when I accepted her bread crumbs she was as nice as could be.

When I stood up for myself and said enough is enough she got mad. It isn't that she wants me back it's that she lost her control over me.

• Like 1