Ex girlfriend made pics of us only visible to us on Facebook

eightninevision

We've been broken up three months. It was all of a sudden and she has been nothing but aloof.

Just happened to notice yesterday that she made pictures of us only visible to us on Facebook. I can think of only sketchy reasons someone would do this...

Anyone have a legitimate reason why an ex would do this? If she didn't want to see them and she deleted them altogether, that would make more sense.

Maybe she didn't want to delete them all together out of respect to your memories together, but also didn't want any new potential partners to be put off by the couple pics of the two of you.

She doesn't owe you anything anymore though, you have been broken up for 3 months.

• Like 5

It's a long time since I jumped into the breaking up side of LS, but your post caught my eye. The ex that made me come here many years ago once made her profile pic one of me... yep, just me. How odd. I asked the same questions and never truly got an answer other than the one I'm going to give you. Ignore it. Stay away from her Facebook too. You'll overthink it and it will only drag you down.

• Author
eightninevision
Maybe she didn't want to delete them all together out of respect to your memories together, but also didn't want any new potential partners to be put off by the couple pics of the two of you.

She doesn't owe you anything anymore though, you have been broken up for 3 months.

Yeah, she has pics of her and her other ex boyfriend on there though. It's shady, I know she doesn't owe me anything though.

• Author
eightninevision
Unfriend.

Block.

Problem solved.

Easier said than done. She's unfriended but my profile is public intentionally. I am still admittedly immature enough that I want her to see that my life is demonstratively better than hers. At least I know it's immature, but I'm not ready to give that up.

Well OK if you want to play immature games then go ahead. But when you get hurt, you only have yourself to blame...

My question is the exact opposite...why would an ex of mine keep pictures of me on her FB for others to see? Does she want me back?

I think she did the right thing indicating that she has moved one. If you wanted her back, then this is a sign that it won't happen.

Now your next chapter in life is waiting. Turn the page.

ExpatInItaly

She's probably seeing someone new and doesn't want him to see your "couple" pics. And maybe she feels guilty that she's already dating so she hasn't completely removed them yet.

Time to delete her, OP.

Just happened to notice yesterday that she made pictures of us only visible to us on Facebook.

You 'just happened to notice'? You mean you went through her stuff, right? It's time to drop it I think, you'll honestly go insane if you keep thinking about getting back with her. Unfriend and make your profile private (I don't know why anyone would ever have a public profile anyway!)

You 'just happened to notice'? You mean you went through her stuff, right? It's time to drop it I think, you'll honestly go insane if you keep thinking about getting back with her. Unfriend and make your profile private (I don't know why anyone would ever have a public profile anyway!)

Ya you have to doing some serious scrutinizing to spot visibility settings. Block and move on guy.

You seriously have to ask? She wants them seen by you and ONLY by you because she doesn't want someone else seeing what she's posted to you.

She's playing games. Don't play.

• Author
eightninevision
Ya you have to doing some serious scrutinizing to spot visibility settings. Block and move on guy.

No doubt about that, I'm still hooked. Not afraid to admit that, I'm working on it.

• Author
eightninevision
You seriously have to ask? She wants them seen by you and ONLY by you because she doesn't want someone else seeing what she's posted to you.

She's playing games. Don't play.

And absolutely. She is clearly a game player, and a covert one at that - the worst kind.

When she took a trip to her new city to look at housing while we were still together she deactivated her facebook and said it was so her classmates didn't know she was playing hooky to look at her new city...A) going on a trip to look at housing is 100% legit, not something you hide B) you control who can post on your wall and everyone knows that.

It's all just straight garbage and time to give it up.

Your thinking too much on this. She sounds like she plays game and that is the worst type. You said the break up was all of the sudden-to you it was but she more then likely had put other things into motion before the break up. Don't bother with her you will never get the full truth.

• Like 1
  • Author
eightninevision
Your thinking too much on this. She sounds like she plays game and that is the worst type. You said the break up was all of the sudden-to you it was but she more then likely had put other things into motion before the break up. Don't bother with her you will never get the full truth.

I'm certainly not going to bother with her but it's really ****ty. I think those who have posted that this is normal behavior are a) not twenty-somethings and don't understand social media culture fully and b) maybe missed that she has pics of her other ex still on facebook. So it's hard not to be hurt by this.

I'm certainly not going to bother with her but it's really ****ty. I think those who have posted that this is normal behavior are a) not twenty-somethings and don't understand social media culture fully and b) maybe missed that she has pics of her other ex still on facebook. So it's hard not to be hurt by this.

I'm just recently out of the twentysomething range, but I "get" social media culture and still think that you could have avoided this nonsense by just deleting and blocking her after the split.

When I deleted and blocked my most recent ex, I cut myself off from access to probably half of the photos of me online because they were her photos. She's not the kind to delete past photos just because she's moved on, so those photos are likely still there. However, one of the reasons I blocked her was to proactively protect myself from what you're experiencing.

• Author
eightninevision
I'm just recently out of the twentysomething range, but I "get" social media culture and still think that you could have avoided this nonsense by just deleting and blocking her after the split.

When I deleted and blocked my most recent ex, I cut myself off from access to probably half of the photos of me online because they were her photos. She's not the kind to delete past photos just because she's moved on, so those photos are likely still there. However, one of the reasons I blocked her was to proactively protect myself from what you're experiencing.

I get that, I unfriended her. I have been trying hard to avoid this, just wasn't ready to block her. I had already lost so much face, I wanted to maintain some composure.

It is a major ego blow to see her keep the pics of her old ex public and hide me. There's not way around that; she values him more than me.

I get that, I unfriended her. I have been trying hard to avoid this, just wasn't ready to block her. I had already lost so much face, I wanted to maintain some composure.

It is a major ego blow to see her keep the pics of her old ex public and hide me. There's not way around that; she values him more than me.

Unfriending without blocking is pointless. You aren't going to lose face by blocking her. If you felt that way, then how would you not have lost face by unfriending her?

You've fallen into the worst trap someone trying to disconnect can find themselves in: You're presumably not talking to her, yet you've kept tabs on her and now you'll find yourself consumed with these latest revelations and you can't even ease those concerns by getting clarification for her.

Just block her and be done with it. Keeping tabs on her isn't helping you. It's keeping you stuck, making you bitter, and causing you to make inferences you have no way of knowing are valid.

• Author
eightninevision
Unfriending without blocking is pointless. You aren't going to lose face by blocking her. If you felt that way, then how would you not have lost face by unfriending her?

You've fallen into the worst trap someone trying to disconnect can find themselves in: You're presumably not talking to her, yet you've kept tabs on her and now you'll find yourself consumed with these latest revelations and you can't even ease those concerns by getting clarification for her.

Just block her and be done with it. Keeping tabs on her isn't helping you. It's keeping you stuck, making you bitter, and causing you to make inferences you have no way of knowing are valid.

Her and I already talked about me unfriending her about 4 weeks ago and laughed about it, so she's under the impression that I'm moving on well now. So blocking her at this point shows I care still, which unfortunately is "losing."

I'm going to test myself. If I can't avoid her facebook in the next week, I'll block her. Thanks for the encouragement.

This **** is ridiculous, can't believe I'm not over this and haven't had sex for three months.