Contact's me after 7 months

I've had a massive set-back today...

I have been posting things to my Snapchat story for everyone on snapchat too see, I thought I'd deleted my ex girlfriend off snapchat (obviously not!!)

Anyway, I have been quite successful the past few months (after the breakup) on YouTube and other social media websites by making videos and have gained over 20,000 followers, today I had a 'meet-up' with all my subscribers/fans/supporters to sign somethings, have some pictures and meet the people who have changed my life and enjoy watching my content.

When I posted a picture of people lining up outside the venue just to meet me on snapchat, I got a snapchat from my ex, the conversation went as followed:

She asked "Where are u?" I told her about me being in Manchester and having a meet and greet. She seemed interested and asked why they are all their, I told her about my youtube career and the success I've had, etc...

We had a bit of a laugh about the success making me 'big headed' and we always used to laugh about how big my actual head is in real life (I have a big forehead!!)

I then just had a laugh with her and said, I'd sign her some stuff and she told me that she'll have my writting in old notepads under her bed and doesn't need me to sign things, and that she has some 'mugshots' of me she could sell. (Of course this was all a joke!)

The main thing is - I thought I was over her, but speaking to her and having a bit of a laugh with her has brought back so many memories and old feelings I thought were gone. I felt my self getting excited to speak to her and anxious when waiting for a reply... It felt like we'd never split up and it is scary!

She moved on very quickly after our 4 year relationship ended and as far as I am aware she is still with him (however, she has posted some quotes on instagram about "when things get tough" and quotes about relationships, things that indicate she's not that happy at the moment with him).

I'm worried she might just be using me now she is having a rough patch with her boyfriend, or if she's just interested in me know I'm quite successful and comfortable (financially) or if she just wanted a chat?

I'm not sure what type of answer I'm going to get here, I just needed somewhere to get this off my chest haha!

HEY! I remember you from the sweet advice you gave me yesterday!! I do YouTube also! Congrats on 20k that's amazing!!! Okay I'm going to go read your whole post now! Sorry, it's nice seeing fellow youtubers:)

Now that I've read it all, here is my advice. I'm not a man, bitter person so I'm going to give you my honest advice and not a "why are you checking her ig that's breaking NC, you're dumb, etc" comments like I get when I post here.

Honestly, she's coming back now to get a piece of your good fortune. Now that all these people like you, she likes you. She's the perfect match for the stereo typical "fan girl" she wants the attention you're getting and when someone like you has so many followers, it strokes her ego to be important to you now that you're important to so many other people.

Also, SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND yet she's reaching out to you. She has no class and if she'll do it to him, she'll do it to anyone.

Look at the success you've gained while NOT being with her! Don't let her drag you down and IF you ignore all my advice, PLEASE don't ignore this: If you start hanging out with her again, DON'T LET HER BE IN ANY OF YOUR VIDEOS!!! So many youtubers expose their other half on their videos then the other half leaves them, makes their own YouTube and takes some of your followers with them. I'm just saying. If you want to make sure she's for real into YOU and not what your have, leave her or of your videos.

• Author
Now that I've read it all, here is my advice. I'm not a man, bitter person so I'm going to give you my honest advice and not a "why are you checking her ig that's breaking NC, you're dumb, etc" comments like I get when I post here.

Honestly, she's coming back now to get a piece of your good fortune. Now that all these people like you, she likes you. She's the perfect match for the stereo typical "fan girl" she wants the attention you're getting and when someone like you has so many followers, it strokes her ego to be important to you now that you're important to so many other people.

Also, SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND yet she's reaching out to you. She has no class and if she'll do it to him, she'll do it to anyone.

Look at the success you've gained while NOT being with her! Don't let her drag you down and IF you ignore all my advice, PLEASE don't ignore this: If you start hanging out with her again, DON'T LET HER BE IN ANY OF YOUR VIDEOS!!! So many youtubers expose their other half on their videos then the other half leaves them, makes their own YouTube and takes some of your followers with them. I'm just saying. If you want to make sure she's for real into YOU and not what your have, leave her or of your videos.

Thank you for the reply and the good advice!

I'm just going to see how things go and see if she decides to contact me anymore.

If we was to hang out or anything, theirs no way she'll feature in any video and I would refuse to meet-up with her whilst she's got a boyfriend. I wouldn't want my partner meeting with her ex, so she'll need to be single before I'd even go into that.

I think it has just brought back nostalgia and some happy memories of the times we shared together, I'm sure it'll soon pass!

That's a good call on having her reach out to! I know what you mean about all the good feelings coming back though. Sounds like you have a good head (big or small lol) on your shoulders and that's a good approach. Have her reach out to you and show you that she's got some class by breaking up with her boyfriend if she plans on making any moves.

Thank you for the reply and the good advice!

I'm just going to see how things go and see if she decides to contact me anymore.

If we was to hang out or anything, theirs no way she'll feature in any video and I would refuse to meet-up with her whilst she's got a boyfriend. I wouldn't want my partner meeting with her ex, so she'll need to be single before I'd even go into that.

I think it has just brought back nostalgia and some happy memories of the times we shared together, I'm sure it'll soon pass!

It isnt good advice. You say you will see if she decides to contact you. Like she decided to dump you? Would she have come back had you not been successful? Unlikely.

You are already getting anxious about her. and your mind is planning contingency for when you get her back.

the answer is tell her...you had your chance with me and you blew it.

And block her.

Edited by Amelie1980
  • Like 2

Amelie is right.... you're having a parade, and you just felt a sprinkling. If you don't feel like being mean, you can text her back:

I've been thinking. While I appreciate that you've checked in with me to wish me well, the truth is I am doing a lot better without you around than I ever did while you were with me. I find myself thinking about you and us, and frankly, it is an unwelcome distraction. While I don't wish you any ill, the fact is that I don't want you around either. We had our time in the sun, and I'll never forget it. But now it is time for you to go your way, and I'll go mine, and with any luck, never shall our two paths cross again. Good luck to you. I hope you get what you want. I did.

Gold digger. Fame digger. Ignore. She's not back because she genuinely wants you, she's back so she can partake in the fruits of your labor. Ignore forever.

• Like 1
  • Author

You're all probably right, I guess some part of me wanted her to contact me because she either missed me or just genuinely wanted to chat... Maybe because it's the festive season haha!!

Thanks for the replies guys.

From another perspective it could also be nothing. She could have been genuinely interested in how you were doing, there's nothing wrong with that. Has no-one ever had an ex contact them to see how they were doing at some point? Just about all of mine have at some point.

It doesn't sound like she was trying to reignite anything, apart from you, (and everyone else) reading into it.

Keep it in perspective and leave well-enough alone. Be happy it jogged some good memories for you and move on.

• Like 1
From another perspective it could also be nothing. She could have been genuinely interested in how you were doing, there's nothing wrong with that. Has no-one ever had an ex contact them to see how they were doing at some point? Just about all of mine have at some point.

It doesn't sound like she was trying to reignite anything, apart from you, (and everyone else) reading into it.

Keep it in perspective and leave well-enough alone. Be happy it jogged some good memories for you and move on.

Yeah. That is true.