It was all a lie

I recently found out that my ex was talking to his ex basically the entire time we were together, had seen her on several occasions, and slept with her a week before he broke up with me. He and I were together for over a year, living together, working together. He left me to go back to her almost 8 months ago. I only found out the truth when his GF drunk messaged me on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. I had absolutley no clue any of this had taken place, as his BS reasons for leaving made no mention of her. He actually had the nerve to say to me before he left that it could have been worse, at least I didn't cheat on you! What a P.O.S!!!

I really struggled with the breakup, and was finally making progress in my healing when everything came crashing down. The entire relationship was a lie! All the talk about getting married, buying a house, having a future together. Every I love you that was ever said. I was being played the whole time. Even after the breakup he was playing me. Being friendly at work, chatting, joking around. Little did I know I was carrying on with someone who had betrayed me in the worst possible way. Talk about feeling stupid!!

As much as this news has hurt and angered me, it has also kind of helped me. I no longer want him to come back. I no longer have hope for reconciliation. I no longer love him in "that way". But man it still hurts like hell!!! When his GF messaged me, I honestly didn't believe what she was telling me so I confronted him. He surprisingly admitted to it all, and I was beyond shocked. There's so much I wish I would have said to him, but I did say a lot of what I had been holding inside, about how much he had hurt me, and it feels good having done that. But it hasn't allowed me to let go. Now it's like I have a whole new heartbreak to get over. A new level of disrespect, betrayal, sadness. I want this misery to end already. I want to close this chapter once and for all.

Some people are not only full of crap, but crap in the essence of their very being...invest in toilet paper (I suggest Charmin 2-ply...always)

Seriously though, I understand how you feel. It's not easy to trust people already and when you do let your guard down someone you trust reaffirms why you shouldn't. But there are good guys out there (like me...shameless plug jk) that are true to their word and want to be in a faithful, committed relationship.

I am glad for you that you are using the anger / hurt to move forward. Good for you!

Sorry that it turned out this way but if it helps you heal it's for the best

I want to close this chapter once and for all.

you will.

treat this as a new beginning of your healing journey. now you have some kind of closure, the truth is out & you can move forward.

you dodged a huge bullet, he's a sleaze & it's pretty telling that his now girlfriend felt compelled to drunk text you on Facebook to reveal 8+ months old truth.

don't feel foolish - you were deceived, it happens. forgive yourself. you confused a lesson for a soulmate. you WILL move on & you'll laugh at his "at least i didn't cheat on you!" famous sentence. trust me.

hang in there, FIGHT & focus all of your strength on moving on.

and of course - full NC for both him and his lovely lady.

• Like 1