Tempted to unblock ex from FB

I just need to get this off my chest. My ex dumped me back in August, I've been going on and off blocking him and a long time ago, I finally had him block for a long time. Until not so recently I've been having this big urge to unblock him and just...look at things. It's been a struggle, he was my best friend and all. I wanted a future with him even though it was a struggle. I think about him from time to time now and it just sucks. I wonder about how he is, what's going on with him and his family. Especially things concerning him and his dad.

I think about the breakup, how I wished I could have just left instead of begging him and pleading him. I wished I could have just held my head high then.

He was my best friend and I know some part of me still loves him and just...just wants to talk to him. However, I'm giving him what he wanted. He didn't want me. I should have left with some respect and not did what I did.

You already regret not accepting the breakup and leaving with your head held high. Why add to the list of regrets by unblocking him and seeing stuff that will likely only make you feel worse?

I unfriended and blocked my ex within an hour of the breakup. And that's how it's stayed because there is nothing good that will come from the alternative.

• Like 1
anonymousbear00101100

If that's how you feel, it might not be a good day to do this. You sound like you're doing well, and staying strong, but everyone has a bad day/week. Don't jeopardize your progress and your future progress because you're having a bad day.

Ask yourself this. If he posted that him and some girl he used to be "just friends" with are now dating, would that crush you? If some girl spent Thanksgiving with him and his family, would you be devastated? You don't know what's on the other side of that block, and sometimes that's for the best. Be strong!

Don't do this. You clearly still have feelings for him and looking at his activity via Facebook or social media is just going make you depressed and upset. He hasn't reached out to you since the break up has he? So he doesn't have feelings for you anymore or want to find out what's going on in your life... You need to work on moving on and not needing to know what he's doing in order to lead a healthy life without him.

• Like 1

Dooooooon't!! How would you feel if you noticed a new girl in his life? You don't know if it's a new friend or potential love interest and that will drive you crazy.

I've been where you are, but right now is not the time to 'check up' on him.

No, you are not ready to unblock this guy. When someone says "hey, whatever happened to (his name)?" and your reaction is a simple, emotionless "huh, dunno"---no adrenaline rush at the thought, no anxious pang, just a totally detached and vague interest like you might have when your mom tells you she saw your fifth-grade teacher at the grocery store---then you are ready.

Mind you, you may never be ready. That's OK. What matters is you understand you definitely aren't ready now.

TheLoveBelow92

Have to agree with everyone here too as sometimes I feel the same way, but I know its best not to because no good will come from it.