Should I or should I not?

Relationship ended on good terms I was not in a place where I could give more. Fast forward, I realized he was the one for me about six months after we ended it on good terms. He was happy in another relationship I left it alone. Two years later they have split recently and he contacted me but then back peddled.He told me how he had always thought of me and such I told him he needed his time, I was not a rebound girl. We have meet up a few times and text on and off, we are in our mid thirties. He always replies if I text first which I rarely do.

3 moths later I find out he is planing to move and pursue his dreams. I am heart broken. Maybe I should not have put him off and told him I would not be a rebound? Or maybe that was a good thing. I want to see him again before he leaves and I have a feeling he won't be asking me out should I ask him? Or just leave it as it is? He told me at one time we could have had a future but I walked away.

Should I forget dignity and let me him know I have always regretted my decision. I feel like this is my last shot or maybe it's all ready come and gone. I feel like this is the one person that really gets me all these years later. I miss him.

What would you do?

Get it off your chest if you must, but don't expect much to come from doing that. Chances are only about 1/3 that this will work in the long run:

• He's not interested
  • He's interested but thinks it's not a good time
  • He's interested and he thinks it's a perfect time

Are you ready to leave with him so he can pursue that dream? Does that dream have room for you?

Just because he was getting out of a relationship does not mean you would have been a rebound. Think about yourself how you realized he was the one after six months. Well on sometimes it also takes another relationship or life without the person to figure out she is the one for a while (or in this case maybe two years). Not saying that's what he thinks because only he knows that, but you automatically thinking you are a rebound just because he recently got out of a relationship is not entirely accurate in most cases. You may have been a bit too cold, so he figured may as well start a new life. That's what I have done before. People think you get over a person, but I don't think that. I think you get over a relationship, not the person.

• Like 1