He's back- and flirting with me??

My ex basically did a full 360 on me and I couldn't be any more confused. We're both still in HS. We broke up early July because of long distance (only an hour and 30 min, it was just a difficult situation) he was the one who broke up with me, he said it was because of the distance and our conflicting schedules. Realistically, it made sense, but I was absolutely heartbroken and still in love with him. He had asked if we could stay friends, but I took it with a grain of salt and said maybe. We talked twice over the summer and that was it. I texted him first once and we had a convo, and then he texted me first a bit later and we had another convo. I sent him another text a few weeks later and he never responded.

So I decided to reach out to him a week ago. It took him a few days, but he replied. And we began to talk. He apologized and told me he's sorry that things ended up this way. We continued to text and he began to "flirt" with me. He explained that the reason he couldn't talk to me is because getting texts from me was too strong of a reminder of what he had let go and he said it made him really upset because it really hurt him to have to break up with me, so he said it hurt to be reminded of me. He then randomly asked if I had any guys in my life (romantically) and pressed the question when I tried to change the subject. He started calling me gorgeous, and bringing up memories about our relationship and telling me what he loved about me while we dated. He told me he missed my hugs. He then asked me if I still had some of the gifts he gave me. While we were texting he also told me he missed me so much. I didn't flirt back, just thanked him for the compliments and continued on with the conversation. His idea of friends must be different than mine or something.

This was really strange for me. We texted for hours, but it felt like nothing had changed between us and that's what I appreciate most about him, he's always been a really genuine, sweet, and forgiving person. I never would've imagined that we would talk again so this came as a huge (and pleasant) surprise to me as I had assumed that he hated me. But I really don't know what to think. Deep down I still have feelings for him, I probably always will. But what am I supposed to do in this situation? I would consider a relationship in the future, but not now when we're still long distance. Why is he doing this..?

Hi, Base on what I read, I think he still loves you and both of you still love each other and you're just afraid to commit again because of the distance and thinking that your relationship will not work out. I think both of you should talk about what two of your really want? cos if both of you still love each other then why not try it again and talk how will you work things our as Long distance couple and set schedules to at least meet once in awhile. I believe that if you really love someone, You two must be willing to conquer the distance and whatever challenges/struggles you have to face it. Love always find ways.

• Author
Hi, Base on what I read, I think he still loves you and both of you still love each other and you're just afraid to commit again because of the distance and thinking that your relationship will not work out. I think both of you should talk about what two of your really want? cos if both of you still love each other then why not try it again and talk how will you work things our as Long distance couple and set schedules to at least meet once in awhile. I believe that if you really love someone, You two must be willing to conquer the distance and whatever challenges/struggles you have to face it. Love always find ways.

Yeah, I'm really straying away from getting into another relationship again because I don't want to end up breaking up for the same reasons and then have any possibility of a friendship/future relationship terminated. But I'll definitely talk to him about it and see what he's thinking. Thank you!!