Why did our mutual friend tell me this?

Today something has been on my mind.

I work with my ex-girlfriend and I'm keeping our contact about work only. It's been difficult working with her and it's only been a couple weeks since we broke up. Today at work while I was going over one of our recent projects with her (she was off work yesterday so I had to fill her in) I had a co-worker come over to me (who both myself and my ex knew she had a crush on me since she started working there) and asked me to take a look at her computer, so I left my ex to go see what the problem was.

When I got over to her computer, I fixed it and then she asked me if I was doing anything later, I responded with, "probably just going to go home and relax" - she invited me to her party tonight but I turned it down. I do not find her attractive and I am not ready to start dating and by saying yes to going, I assumed she would think I was interested, so I didn't. But, while she was asking this question, a mutual friend of mine and my ex-girlfriends walked by and overheard. I could also see my ex-girlfriend looking over at us and she looked away when I saw her. Our friend (who is mostly her friend) went over to her desk and it seemed like she was telling her that our co-worker asked me out because she looked over as she was talking to my ex.

I didn't think anything of it until I got home tonight. I had a text from our mutual friend asking me if I was going to our co-workers party. I said no, why? She then told me that she spoke to my ex and they were talking about me, and what our co-worker was asking me. She said she asked my ex if she'd care if I got with our co-worker and my ex responded it would kill her but she wants me to be happy. I did not respond to the friends text because this was random and we barely speak, she's more like my ex's friend than mine, but why on earth is she even telling me this?

Is it so I don't go out with our co-worker?

A little tough to follow with the multiple co worker referrals. What I understand is that a co worker asked you out/to her party and you declined because you're not interested and didn't want it to appear to be.

Another do worker overheard this and ended up telling your ex that you had been asked out. Then this information was relayed to you and you were told that your ex would be crushed if you went out with that person but at the end of the day she wants u to be happy... That right?

You really have nothing to be worried about and your ex gf will feel embarrassed once she finds out the fully story. You could've replied saying that you were asked to go to a party but you declined. That's he truth and it doesn't go deeper than that.

Sounds like a game of telephone going on in your office where info is being passed around even though it's not fully accurate. You can either address it and let your ex kno that you're not interested nor entertaining dating another person at work and you were under the impression that she was being told otherwise so you wanted to clear that up before anything awkward goes on.... Or you can not address it at all since you've done nothing wrong or out of line.

• Like 1
  • Author

That is why I referred to the person asking me out as the co-worker, the other person who works with us is our mutual friend who I referred to as our mutual friend, she's the one who walked by and overheard.

Anyway, I'm not worried about what my ex thinks, she dumped me after all so I have a right to see who I want and do what I want, BUT, I am just wondering why her our mutual friend is telling me information that my ex confided in her? Just seems a little weird to me - the situation.

With that said, I love my ex still and of course I'm not going to date until I am ready, and she fully well knows this as we discussed it before we broke up. I just hope our friend isn't being a ***** stirrer.

Sounds like the mutual friend is either being a spy for your ex and trying to find out the details of what went on during that convo where you were invited to the party.... Or she's just a nosy **** stirrer who likes collecting gossip.

This is why you don't **** where you eat.

Exactly.

It's just people being messy and you don't need that at your workplace.

This gossipy workplace nosy Nellie would be tedious to me...Block her except for work....she is a classic stirrer of the feces....people need to keep their nose out of others business. You can skinny dip with a trio of call girls in a church fountain and it still isn't their business.

:rolleyes:

G

• Author
This is why you don't **** where you eat.

I'm not sure what this is suppose to mean but, yes, because you can control where you fall in love with someone. (sarcasm)