needed - Slept with my ex - twice this week

mitchapalooza

We broke up 2 months ago over assumptions and lack of communication.

I made a mistake after dating someone very briefly and ran back to my ex. He offer and I took it, twice. We watched one of our favorite TV shows Wednesday. We went shopping for groceries, we cooked dinner, and teased each other and laughed our asses off. He brought up watching it together next week and Walking Dead on Sundays. We did not discuss our past or future (except joking about next Wednesday). We even cuddled and I woke up to move and he kissed my forehead. I haven't heard from him since. I have not contacted him either.

Its too late to recover him not viewing me as a back burner booty call. I would like to try a relationship with him again. Here are my 2 options. Which should I choose?

1. Wait for him to text me Wednesday and reply with:

I had a good time with you on Wednesday. I want to avoid any hurt feelings or miscommunication. My intention is to have a chance at being together again. If that is not your intention, just let me know. :)

2. Wait for him to text me Wednesday and talk to him in person.

Which would be more effective?

Either way, it needs to be brought up so I don't fall into the FWB trap. Right now I am strong enough to hear him say he's not looking for a relationship if he isn't ready. I'm mentally ready to move on. I will not be after a few weeks.

Have any of you seen the text meme....

Me: I need your advice

Me: Never mind I already did the stupid thing.

This is me asking for advice now :) Thanks

Just text him and stop playing games. You will save time on waiting if he rejects you after receivng your text

Edited by allofyou
  • Author
mitchapalooza
Just text him and stop playing games. You will save time on waiting if he rejects you after receivng your text

I didn't see it as playing games I just don't want to randomly bring it up. But now that you say it that way I will add it as option 3 :)

Thanks this is exactly why I love this site

Stage5Clinger

I would bring it up more casually, like "Hey, I really want this to work out between us." instead of "You better be serious with me or I'm done with your sorry ass."

You can decide inside yourself what you will do with the answer either way.

• Author
mitchapalooza
Go see him. That way, you'll see it in his eyes when he lets you down easy, and you won't get fooled again.

True leaves no room for text miscommunication. Clarity and honesty is best right now

• Author
mitchapalooza
I would bring it up more casually, like "Hey, I really want this to work out between us." instead of "You better be serious with me or I'm done with your sorry ass."

You can decide inside yourself what you will do with the answer either way.

Sorry ass baha. Good one. This is true too we are both adults I guess if I end up a back burner then I can put him in that category.

thejabberwocky

Text him now and be very clear. No smiley faces or making it light-hearted - this is your life you're talking about.

Say: I had a great time with you, but I don't want to be confusing about my intentions. I want to get back together. If you don't want that too, tell me now, because I don't want to invest anymore time into this if it isn't leading anywhere.

• Author
mitchapalooza
Text him now and be very clear. No smiley faces or making it light-hearted - this is your life you're talking about.

Say: I had a great time with you, but I don't want to be confusing about my intentions. I want to get back together. If you don't want that too, tell me now, because I don't want to invest anymore time into this if it isn't leading anywhere.

Your text is perfect. He just asked me if I wanted to go to dinner. I'm debating on sending it now or taking over dinner.

thejabberwocky

If you're going to dinner do it then. But just do it ASAP, because there is no point in getting your hopes up if he just wants a FWB.

• Author
mitchapalooza

Thanks you guys! His stance is that he wants to see where it goes and that he has fun with me too. We did not have sex last night. just dinner, movie, and cuddle. He doesn't want me to feel like a back burner or booty call. He's just not sure if we will get along. We had a few extreme arguments before. Terrible words were said. I'm going to proceed as exactly that.... See where it goes. I'm not having any expectations from this point. I will continue with all the advice I hear on here. Workout, family, friends, read, and work. I'll leave a sliver of my heart open for now. Only time will tell if we will come back full circle or just put the fire out.