I still have some negative feelings towards my ex .

Ok there are days (like this morning) where I relive all the bull**** I went through with my ex girlfriend. We have not been together in almost 2 years and I am completely over her, don't want to be with her, and have no romantic feelings for her at all. I decided because she always wanted us to be friends, once I was 100% over her I would not mind just being friends. However, when I think back on all this past bs, I do feel, like I do now, to just say screw this I want to just block her from social media and not bother talking to her anymore. Am I just being silly and should just let it go? I think I should, but at the same time all this pent up anger over the past does get to me at times and I feel like I don't want to be her friend.

For the record, she is a good person and she never did anything overly messed up to me like cheating or any of the sorts which is why I didnt mind being her friend at first. At this point we do barely talk at all so it isn't like we are buddy buddy talking consistently.

I want to just block her from social media and not bother talking to her anymore. Am I just being silly and should just let it go?

Err, you have it backwards. Blocking her is the best way of letting it go.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to be someone's friend. There are many people who I don't want to be friends with; although I don't hate them, I just have no interest in being their friend.

For the record, she is a good person and she never did anything overly messed up to me like cheating or any of the sorts which is why I didnt mind being her friend at first.

There are 6 billion people in the world. If you were friends with every one who didn't do anything messed up or cheat on you then you'd be very busy indeed! You need to pick and choose your friends carefully. What do you have to gain by being her friend? How will her friendship enrich your life? I very much think the answer will be, "it won't". In which case, why be her friend?

• Author
Err, you have it backwards. Blocking her is the best way of letting it go.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to be someone's friend. There are many people who I don't want to be friends with; although I don't hate them, I just have no interest in being their friend.

There are 6 billion people in the world. If you were friends with every one who didn't do anything messed up or cheat on you then you'd be very busy indeed! You need to pick and choose your friends carefully. What do you have to gain by being her friend? How will her friendship enrich your life? I very much think the answer will be, "it won't". In which case, why be her friend?

Yeah but am I just being unreasonable? The past is the past and it isn't like we talk often. On average maybe once every month at most. I think I am just overreacting. It is kind of extreme to just block someone and like I said before it isn't like she is a bad person, she just handled the relationship that we had wrong.

Please be totally honest. Would you mind having more than a friendship with her? Is there a part of you that still also thinks about all the good times and wish you two could try again?

• Author
Please be totally honest. Would you mind having more than a friendship with her? Is there a part of you that still also thinks about all the good times and wish you two could try again?

I usually tend to think of the bad times. Rarely do I ever think of the good times we had to be honest. Is there part of me that wish I could try again? I suppose so, but a very small part. She is currently in a relationship now so I don't see it happening ever. One thing that did make me kind of mad a bit was when I told her that I wanted to go to WWE summerslam in Brooklyn (I live in NYC) and told her I didn't go because I didn't want to go alone and she said "Well, you could have came with me and my boyfriend along with other of my friends." I told her why would I do that? I would never hang out with any ex girlfriend of mines with their current boyfriend. It's not a big deal and I know we just see each other as friends but why bring that up?

• Author

I guess I just resent her more than anything because everything that I wanted from her when we were together she is giving her current boyfriend which makes me mad, angry, sad, annoyed, etc. Even though I don't want to be with her anymore, the times I do think about it, it just upsets me.

NoLeafClover

I hate both my exs..but that's because they were very s++ty to me. I would say it is normal. I wouldn't doubt you are over her as I am 100% over both my exs. It is possible to be over someone and still hate them for all the crap they put you through. Personally I wouldn't be friends with her. I don't speak to mine and don't care to know what they are doing. If I run into one I will say Hi back...except this one ex in particular.. I seriously wouldn't care if she jumped off a cliff.

• Like 2
  • Author
I think you still care about your ex-girlfriend more than you would like to admit, but I could be wrong...

Of course I still care for her. Any person who was in my life that I truly loved I would always care for. I don't want to be with her though if that was what you were implying.

Of course I still care for her. Any person who was in my life that I truly loved I would always care for. I don't want to be with her though if that was what you were implying.

I understand. :)

However, there is a small part of you that wishes you could give the relationship a second chance. This part of you manifests itself through your feelings of resentment, anger, annoyance and sadness. The way I see it, she learned from her mistakes and is moving forward with her life.

• Author
I understand. :)

However, there is a small part of you that wishes you could give the relationship a second chance. This part of you manifests itself through your feelings of resentment, anger, annoyance and sadness. The way I see it, she learned from her mistakes and is moving forward with her life.

I suppose you are right, but I know it won't happen nor am I seeking for that to happen. Im glad she moved on with her life because I have as well. It was basically a case of right place wrong time.

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand why people want to be friends with someone who once caused them probably the most pain that they've felt to date. It's just alien to me, I wouldn't even consider being friends with an ex. I have enough of my own.

• Like 2
I usually tend to think of the bad times. Rarely do I ever think of the good times we had to be honest.

There's no way you can be friends if you feel like this. I don't think your real friends are people you resent. You probably don't think about all the bad times you had with your friends either. You're wasting your time and energy.

If you're asking strangers on the Internet about this you probably still feel strongly about this "friends" thing. My guess is you actually DON'T want to be friends, but feel guilty about it. So you're looking for people to tell you its the right thing to do.

Do what makes you feel good. Regardless of what she thinks. If it makes you feel better to block her, then block her. Whatever works best for you.

• Like 1

Oh and something else. It doesn't matter if you're "overreacting". You don't keep people who make you feel bad in your life. So what if she didn't cheat on you? That doesn't make her mother Teresa.

• Like 1
Ok there are days (like this morning) where I relive all the bull**** I went through with my ex girlfriend. We have not been together in almost 2 years and I am completely over her, don't want to be with her, and have no romantic feelings for her at all. I decided because she always wanted us to be friends, once I was 100% over her I would not mind just being friends. However, when I think back on all this past bs, I do feel, like I do now, to just say screw this I want to just block her from social media and not bother talking to her anymore. Am I just being silly and should just let it go? I think I should, but at the same time all this pent up anger over the past does get to me at times and I feel like I don't want to be her friend.

For the record, she is a good person and she never did anything overly messed up to me like cheating or any of the sorts which is why I didnt mind being her friend at first. At this point we do barely talk at all so it isn't like we are buddy buddy talking consistently.

There's something inside of you that still doesn't want to 100% let go. After 2 years, you should be completely indifferent, which means, no anger, no missing, no anything.. just viewing her as another human being and that's it.

Even if you still have anger toward her, it will prevent you from giving your all to someone else and is obviously preventing you from moving on completely.

It's time to cut all ties. think of yourself and your needs.. not hers.

There's something inside of you that still doesn't want to 100% let go. After 2 years, you should be completely indifferent, which means, no anger, no missing, no anything.. just viewing her as another human being and that's it.

Even if you still have anger toward her, it will prevent you from giving your all to someone else and is obviously preventing you from moving on completely.

It's time to cut all ties. think of yourself and your needs.. not hers.

Exactly.

There's absolutely no reason to be emotionally invested in your ex-girlfriend.