talking after five years

I met this girl 5 years ago......we startd a relationship over a period of six months during which time she lived in my home country.....then moved back home after which i travelled to her home country and met her family etc.

anyway, we had a pretty bad breakup eventually, which led to me acting like a bit of an assehole. subsequently i havent spoken to her really for 5 years (except a couple of very rare instances where i apologised to her for being an ******* and she accepted my apology but that has been the extent of our interaction).

Anyway, i really did like her and still care for her. ive had a few different girlffriends since, but never had the same feelings for them as i did her. but anyway i manged to sort of stop thinking about her and then out of the blue last week she reconnected with me on facebook. its kind of annong because ive final sort of managed to let her go in my mind then she reapears out of no where. i must have sent her a friend request years ago, which she finally accepted last week.

i dont knw why she reconnected after so long, but we exchanged a few words, but i kept it short. she expressed her happines that i was doing well and asked about y family, job etc. im trying to work out what it means. she inimated she was leaving her job to move to another countty for a few months to see what would happen. we areboth early 30's....anyway just trying to work out what it means, if i should tell her whats on my mind or if i should just delete her and go back to forgetting about her.

• Author

I should point out that it would be great to get back with her but at the same time the thought of that seems terrifying after so long. I just cant workout why after so long she would do this. She to has dated other guys in the 5 years.

She finally realized you are the only guy worth being with and marry...so she accepted your facebook friend request...ask her to marry

NoLeafClover - You must be joking right? =0

In my opinion she wants to see the type of person you are now, then she might decide to reconect with you. Keep it siple.

NLC not too far from the truth. She didn't manage

to find anyone better. It's now thing of perspective - whether you're now after

all the best or just good enough.

Also she added you. Facebook discards requests if they

are older than some period of time.

Also she added you. Facebook discards requests if they

are older than some period of time.

Not true. I have Facebook requests that are 8 years old still sitting in my account.

OP, the only person who knows why she added you is her. I would not jump to the conclusion that she's romantically interested in you.

After 5 years I would say she is not romantically interested, just curious as to what you're doing. Chances are things haven't worked out for her relationship wise and she's contacting you and whoever else she might not have seen in a while and see who contacts her back. Maybe just a down time for her and she's looking for someone to give a little attention that she's not getting at the moment. Maybe she does now just look at you as maybe a friend and that's it. There's really nothing more there than curiosity. If you feel like you can just be a friend with no romantic feelings, then stay in contact if you want, but it sounds like you still have too many feelings for her so therefore you are heading for a world of hurt if you keep in contact.

• Author

Yes i knew this would happen eventually. I dont think she is romantically interested100% either.....and just fishing for some attention. So i was polite to her told her that everytbing was good but cut it wuite short and apart from wishing her well didnt ask her about her situation or why she was contacfing me. I told her 5 years ago that she would get into this bad cycle of not being able to keep a relayionship and probably never end up with anyone decent and it looks like i was correct.