NC but my birthday approaching

Hi guys ex left me for her ex, it was a very messy break up. My birthday is approaching next week just wandering how to handle it if she wishes me happy birthday. I was gonna write "thanks".

We been broken up for 2 months have had no contact for nearly 2 weeks.

I think I will be slightly devastated if she does not wish me a happy birthday.

Any advice ?

You won't be devastated. You need to prepare yourself that she won't call. Make plans now. Keep yourself busy.

• Like 1

Its your birthday and you can cry if you want to.

What I suggest you do however is that you ignore any contact from your ex.

I think you should organise a really fun, wackky day doing loads of great activities with your friends and family. Plan a meal out and silly stuff like segways, climbing at a local wall, zombie survival class, archery class...

Then you will be so busy having fun you will forget all about her.

• Like 3

You'll have pre-process some feelings, to prepare for the eventuality of not hearing anything from your ex.

This can be done.

We all pre-process all the time.

Make a little plan of what you will do.

It needs to something nice, that you will do for yourself.

Take care.

Edited by Satu
  • Like 1
LoveIsMyReligion

Do whatever feels right... Stay true to yourself and don't let this break-up change the good things about you.

On top of that you need to start working on caring less about her and her opinion.

• Like 2
ex left me for her ex
Focus on this. That's really sh*tty. Why would you ever talk to her again?

She probably won't message you happy birthday, but if she does, you ignore it. Period. Don't engage this emotionally irresponsible woman any longer. You deserve your dignity.

• Like 3
  • Author
Focus on this. That's really sh*tty. Why would you ever talk to her again?

She probably won't message you happy birthday, but if she does, you ignore it. Period. Don't engage this emotionally irresponsible woman any longer. You deserve your dignity.

But doesnt ignoring look petty and bitter. Especially if it done by whatsapp when you can see those blue ticks. Wouldn't it be better if I just say thanks and leave it.

• Like 1
but then again I guess i shouldnt even be caring what she thinks.
Ding ding ding!

My ex surely thinks I'm immature by blocking her on FB. F*ck her. She ALSO texted me after that saying she's been thinking of me. So clearly she got over whatever anger she had at being blocked. Ultimately the exes are people we can't trust anymore. Don't put any stock into what she thinks of you.

• Like 2
but then again I guess i shouldnt even be caring what she thinks. Confusing

You shouldn't.

She hurt you and left.

Let her be gone.

Really gone.

Forever.

• Like 1
But doesnt ignoring look petty and bitter?

Nope! It looks like you're out living life, having all sorts of new adventures and meeting new people.

Which is what you SHOULD be doing.