It's hard to move on!

My bf of 1.5 years broke up with me last monday. Before the official break up he asked for a month break to sort himself. He really has a past baggage that are catching up on him. He said he is not happy of where his life is right now. last monday we talked and that's where he decided that he need to let go of me because he is not sure of how he feels about me and he does't want to be unfair to me when he doesn't feel like 100% into relationship.I told him we could take a risk to try but he don't want to because he doesn't want to drag me further and it will just hurt at the end. I do understand that he needs to do this because he needs to find himself and be happy with himself first. It's just its hard to let go. I haven't talked to him since last monday but yesterday i was so down that i called him. We talked he said he is not happy with his decision but it's what's best for now. I don't expect him to comeback because he is one of those person that is stubborn and would rather suffer that admit his mistakes. I run out of people to talked to that's why I posted here. This is my first time here.

My bf of 1.5 years broke up with me last monday. Before the official break up he asked for a month break to sort himself. He really has a past baggage that are catching up on him. He said he is not happy of where his life is right now. last monday we talked and that's where he decided that he need to let go of me because he is not sure of how he feels about me and he does't want to be unfair to me when he doesn't feel like 100% into relationship.I told him we could take a risk to try but he don't want to because he doesn't want to drag me further and it will just hurt at the end. I do understand that he needs to do this because he needs to find himself and be happy with himself first. It's just its hard to let go. I haven't talked to him since last monday but yesterday i was so down that i called him. We talked he said he is not happy with his decision but it's what's best for now. I don't expect him to comeback because he is one of those person that is stubborn and would rather suffer that admit his mistakes. I run out of people to talked to that's why I posted here. This is my first time here.

I'm sorry :( read some of my threads. Sounds like we went through something very similar. I'm three months post breakup and I have come to realize that I'm much better off without him. Why would I want someone who isn't all in? If they have baggage then they clearly aren't over their exs in some capacity. You deserve to have his whole heart.

It really sucks when you become attached to someone who isn't available. But he's made his choice. Life is hard and if this is his way of dealing with his problems then is that someone you want in a life partner?

Now for the ugly truth. Regardless of his baggage or his uhappiness in life he is choosing his life without you. find a guy who knows what he wants and appreciates you :) you will be ok I promise.

• Like 4

I am sure you are sad and it hurts but you should b happy he is being honest with you in seat of dragging you along...he is telling you the truth and letting you to move on with your life :)

I'm sorry :( read some of my threads. Sounds like we went through something very similar. I'm three months post breakup and I have come to realize that I'm much better off without him. Why would I want someone who isn't all in? If they have baggage then they clearly aren't over their exs in some capacity. You deserve to have his whole heart.

It really sucks when you become attached to someone who isn't available. But he's made his choice. Life is hard and if this is his way of dealing with his problems then is that someone you want in a life partner?

Now for the ugly truth. Regardless of his baggage or his uhappiness in life he is choosing his life without you. find a guy who knows what he wants and appreciates you :) you will be ok I promise.

^^^ That.

Print that, and tape it to your bathroom mirror. Read it every morning...

• Like 2
I am sure you are sad and it hurts but you should b happy he is being honest with you in seat of dragging you along...he is telling you the truth and letting you to move on with your life :)

Nah!!! screw him after 1 and half years he suddenly found out he did not know what he wanted? BS!!! I can't get it how people can be this forgiving! for the OP that ex boyfriend of yours is a real something! move on! don't even look back... it is his loss... one day he will roll in pain, looks back at his miserable life and he realizes he has lost the biggest gem in his life, by the time this happens you will be enjoying every minute of your life with someone you are crazy about, and you are somebody to that person that he gives an arm for ... MOVE ON! these people do not even deserve your being sad!

• Like 4

Well said Samuel! At this stage in the game he's just trying to soften the landing so he doesn't feel as guilty and it's easier for him. If he was honest he would have brought this up to you way earlier! Maybe I'm projecting here, I don't know.

But he did say he isn't sure he knows how he feels about you. You deserve someone who does know how they feel. Don't let this guys indecisiveness hold you back from having what you really want. A secure relationship.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thank you. Your comment made me smile. I keep telling myself it's his lost not mine. I'm starting my last year of practical nursing this Sept. 8 that should help me not think of him.

• Like 1
  • Author

BRI, i just read your thread and story. We are going through the same situation and I'm asking the same questions you are asking.

BRI, i just read your thread and story. We are going through the same situation and I'm asking the same questions you are asking.

I know it hurts like freaking hell. Sometimes its even more confusing when they end it in a "nice" way. I have had to read between the lines a lot and find my own peace with it. I never got answers to my questions and I never will. In the end there's only thing that matters. He chose to end it. Period.

Life does go on. It's great that you have work to focus on. I got a promotion right when we broke up too and it was a blessing! You will be ok bc there is no other choice ?

• Like 2
I know it hurts like freaking hell. Sometimes its even more confusing when they end it in a "nice" way. I have had to read between the lines a lot and find my own peace with it. I never got answers to my questions and I never will. In the end there's only thing that matters. He chose to end it. Period.

Life does go on. It's great that you have work to focus on. I got a promotion right when we broke up too and it was a blessing! You will be ok bc there is no other choice ?

I got a promotion when she broke up with me too!!! You see these people's going out of our lives was a blessing indeed! I sometimes think God had a point... I work harder these days, earn more money, love myself more than the past, I am also quitting smoking! all and all in 3 weeks! so YES! We are blessed, Trust me! and I am waiting for the day God shows me that attractive woman I deserve!!! :D be happy people! To hell with whoever doesn't want to be with us! YESSSSS!

• Like 1
  • Author

Part of me would like to see the day that he will come back so maybe I could dump him and say "I'm not sure of how i feel right now". Your right BRI, i hate "nice" break up so many lingering questions. And we will never know the answer that"s the sad part.

• Like 2