Ex GF who dumped me has texted me, should i respond?

Long story short, i was in a long distant relationship with a girl which lasted about 4 months. we were close but I changed as a person in the relationship and she became distant and then dumped me about 2 weeks ago. we haven´t talked since then and today out of the blue she texts me "im glad that you found the way back to the person you was before".

Is this a test, should i contact her back? I have feelings for her but will this make it worse? Advice would be appreciated :)

That was a classic bread crumb. There is no need to respond.

If she said something like I left my sweater at your house last time I was there I'd say respond to let her know how she can get it back but anything else doesn't warrant a response.

• Like 2

Breadcrumbs... Don't respond or did you already? She's trying to boost her ego to see if you're still broken over the breakup

• Like 1
I'd be like, Thanks :) I'm happy doing well.

Not responding says that so much more eloquently.

• Like 1

There didn't appear to be much of a relationship at all. Why reply at all?

I'd give her dead silence as my reply.

• Like 1
  • Author
It would be kinda fun to say. "Who is this?"

Thanks for all the answers guys, i appreciate it. I haven´t responded yet and i won´t.

haha yeah, i thought about that :)

• Like 2

Good for you.

It's true, the silence will bug her like crazy. Humans are naturally curious. Being on the other end I would have rather had any response, good or bad, than none at all.

• Like 1
organizedchaos
Long story short, i was in a long distant relationship with a girl which lasted about 4 months. we were close but I changed as a person in the relationship and she became distant and then dumped me about 2 weeks ago. we haven´t talked since then and today out of the blue she texts me "im glad that you found the way back to the person you was before".

Is this a test, should i contact her back? I have feelings for her but will this make it worse? Advice would be appreciated :)

How does one change as a person in 4 months? How does a girl become distant in that short amount of time? How does she know you've suddenly gone back to the person you were before if you haven't talked and done so in just two weeks?

• Author
How does one change as a person in 4 months? How does a girl become distant in that short amount of time? How does she know you've suddenly gone back to the person you were before if you haven't talked and done so in just two weeks?

We had a long distance, I became needy and depressed in the end. In the beginning she was attracted like crazy to me, she was chasing me, texting, calling, sending nudes, wanted to meet me etc. At this time i had my own life, hobbies, friends and i didn´t prioritize her. Then i started to like her and after a while i got this super chodey beta male idea to tell her how i love her and all my feelings for her in a long text message(yeah i know, i regret this big time). After this it felt like the roles had switched, i was doing all the chasing; calling, setting up dates and i felt that she didn´t have the same interest in meeting me as much as before, she became kinda flakey about meeting me.

Despite this, she came to meet me at summer break and stayed with me for a week and we had a great time.

But after that i went out sailing for 5 weeks, during this period we kinda lost most of the contact with each other, we didn´t call, text, sext, nudes etc as much as we used to. It felt like we lost the attraction and interest and were going in different lives and drifted apart from each other. It was like we didnt care about each other and neither of us wanted to break up. And when i got home from the trip i wanted to meet her but she was just flakey and we started arguing about the relationship. A couple of days later she was staying in my city without telling me and when i found out we met and she dumped me. The story got big, sorry guys:o

Anyway about the text message, thats the thing, she doesn´t know at all. I dont know what she meant by that, maybe she was just trying to get a response from me? what do you guys think?:confused: