Attempting low contact... Fail

Stage5Clinger

I've been no contact for about 20 days for my own mental healing but also to try and generate some attraction. This was a very short relationship and I fell hard for her but she didn't feel the same. Sent a snapchat this morning of me that just said what up. No response and I feel stupid. I should've known better. Back to no contact for another 30 days if she doesn't respond.

Doesn't feel good to be unwanted :(

You are right, it does not feel good to be wanted. I tried a version of Low Contact in where she lived here (roommate ) for 24 days and it was hard, she moved out two days ago and we have not spoken. The hardest part of any BU is letting go, we really have to let go and understand we are not wanted any more. Any soft words spoken from the ex or lets be friends statment. Is them trying to put their own guilt in check. I am not saying down the road you cant but that takes time.

My advise is do not make contact, even if she sends you something back, resist all you are going to do is recycle your pain. Focus on you, not her. Best of luck and keep posting, these forums have been heaven sent for myself.

• Author
Stage5Clinger
You are right, it does not feel good to be wanted. I tried a version of Low Contact in where she lived here (roommate ) for 24 days and it was hard, she moved out two days ago and we have not spoken. The hardest part of any BU is letting go, we really have to let go and understand we are not wanted any more. Any soft words spoken from the ex or lets be friends statment. Is them trying to put their own guilt in check. I am not saying down the road you cant but that takes time.

My advise is do not make contact, even if she sends you something back, resist all you are going to do is recycle your pain. Focus on you, not her. Best of luck and keep posting, these forums have been heaven sent for myself.

Thanks, man. You're right I'm just going to recycle the pain. I have this sick wish that she would be really happy to hear from me and decided to give it her best effort.. but that's all it is - a sick wish. People don't change. This girl in particular is all about herself and everyone else can piss off.

I even got in a car accident when I was talking to her in the 'good days' of this sort of relationship and she didn't even ask if I was okay... That is like the biggest red flag of all time but I kept pursuit. It's that damn voice in my head saying "give her a chance!" that makes me do stupid things.

As for you, Seth, good luck in your venture! It's typically a long hard road but I'm really hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel. There must be real healthy relationship prospects out there for both of us.

• Like 1

Amen to that, life is to short to be misrable all the time. I keep telling myself, my relationship was four years of greatness and nothing said or done now can tarnish it, I will always have those memories and I am greatful for them.

But thats what they are, the past and we can not live there or we risk losing ourselves to madness. Just stay strong Stage and know your future is yours to make.