She broke up with me a month ago and I'm still sad.

My ex gf broke up with me a month and a half ago and it's been incredibly hard for me to move on, I still want to talk to her everyday. Here's my story:

I met my ex while on a trip to NJ (I'm from Atlanta), long story short we hit it off immediately. But she was in a relationship at the time so we just remained friends. Well time went on and we started texting A LOT, I'm talking every hour of everyday. We would skype sometimes, but mostly text. We would talk until 3am most nights. While this was happening she was still seeing her current boyfriend. After 2 years of talking 24/7 I went back to NJ and we hung out for 3 days, we never kissed or touched because she was still seeing that guy, but I knew I was in love. When I got back to Atlanta I convinced her to breakup with him and start dating me (I feel bad about it).

We started dating August 2014 and the first couple of months were AMAZING, but after the new year things got hard. We were long distance and I got jealous very easily. I really didn't like her going out with her friends to clubs/bars. We had been having small fights about it and I wouldn't say we broke up but we said things like "maybe we should break up" but we never did it, I always assumed we would be together forever. Well a month ago we got into a massive fight about her going out and said a lot of horrible things to each other, she broke up with me and blocked me on all social media. That morning at 7am I flew to NJ to try and see her in person to apologize, but she refused to see me. She did agree to talk on the phone and we talked for two hours, she said she would "think about it". Well I fly back to Atlanta and spend the next month begging her to take me back, getting her things that I thought would help (Signed Taylor Swift CD personally from Swift because she loves her, but she wouldn't take it because she said I was using it as a weapon to get her to reply). Nothing worked, she said she needed space and I tried giving it but after two weeks she finally responded to my text.

She told me she started seeing someone else (a month after dumping me) and we DEF weren't getting back together. She said the best she could offer was friends. I've finally stopped texting her and haven't texted/talked to her in a week. I'm heartbroken though, how could she move on to someone else so quickly? Especially when we talked EVERYDAY for 3 years and talked about how we finally found someone we could be ourselves around. I just don't get it.

I'm heartbroken and trying to move on, but all I want to do is text her/ talk to her. I know that I need to go NO CONTACT just like she did and move on, but I wonder if maybe in time she'll realize we weren't so bad? We were best friends, I don't understand how she ended it so easily. The last time we talked she said the best she could offer was friends, and when I asked her what she wanted she said "I want to be able to talk, I want to catch up with each other every once in awhile. But I won't talk everyday like we used to".

I don't want to be friends, I just want my gf back. But I know that's not happening and I need to move on.

Edited by Atlas2036

Well, you convinced her to break up with her BF to be with you. Sounds like she had some other guy talking to her while she was with you.

See the pattern here?

In the future, don't get involved with women who are in relationships. Not to be a d*ck, but what's happened to you sounds like a sort of dating karma.

Your ex is just a vine-swinger. She aint the one, bro. TBH, neither are you. Leave her alone, and only pursue SINGLE women from here on out.

• Like 3
  • Author

I've had a lot of people tell me that, and you're right it might be karma. She jumps from guy to guy. I still feel awful about it though and miss her, I can't change that.

Sadly you pushed her away my being so jealous, and that will be her image of you and your relationship, it's very unlikely she would want to go back to that , especially if her new guy let's her do what ever she wants , sounds like you would be much better off with someone that lives much closer to you , much less stress