Emotional roller coaster

Is it just me or is it some days I'm like , I'm OK! Sometimes things happen and you can't just control everything. You'll be okay and life will go on. I'll always have good memories of the relationship but this is a growing experience. He let you go which means you guys weren't right for each other anyways.

within 3 hours, I'm laying in bed in tears cus I miss him so much and I don't want him with other people.

rinse and repeat

wtf... i don't even know what is wrong with me.

• Like 1
Unlucky_I_Guess

Oh yeah....I'm a season pass holder on that particular ride.

It does get better with time though. The good times start outweighing the bad.

This is me, 100%

Sometimes I think over what happened and decide he doesn't deserve me and I'm moving on/won't answer if he texts me.

The next hour I'm looking at my phone and wondering why he hasn't bothered to text me :(

I'm planning to just keep pushing through and hoping this calms down eventually.

It is frustrating though. I feel like I make so much mental progress, and then it's down the toilet an hour later.

• Like 1
  • Author
Oh yeah....I'm a season pass holder on that particular ride.

It does get better with time though. The good times start outweighing the bad.

It has been 1 week since BU for me, hopefully it won't feel like this for too long cus this is horrible

• Author
This is me, 100%

Sometimes I think over what happened and decide he doesn't deserve me and I'm moving on/won't answer if he texts me.

The next hour I'm looking at my phone and wondering why he hasn't bothered to text me :(

I'm planning to just keep pushing through and hoping this calms down eventually.

It is frustrating though. I feel like I make so much mental progress, and then it's down the toilet an hour later.

I KNOW! sometimes I'm like, we aren't right for each other. the next hour, i'm like.... why isn't he running back to me... i miss him...

we've been NC for 1 week now and it is so hard not to text him and he hasn't texted me either though )):

Happens to me too. Sigh. Some days I feel positive and then it will just hit me. A song on the radio will bring back memories of him and I'm back where I started. It's like a wave crashes over me (full of longing, memories, etc) and I'm powerless to stop it, just have to wait until it recedes.

• Author
Happens to me too. Sigh. Some days I feel positive and then it will just hit me. A song on the radio will bring back memories of him and I'm back where I started. It's like a wave crashes over me (full of longing, memories, etc) and I'm powerless to stop it, just have to wait until it recedes.

yes. this is me. sometimes after a extensive cry i feel slightly better and i'm like yah. i'll get through this, only to fall back right where i was like a few hours later.

Unlucky_I_Guess
It has been 1 week since BU for me, hopefully it won't feel like this for too long cus this is horrible

Yeah, those first couple of weeks are the WORST. I spent the whole time blaming myself for the BU and over-thinking everything. I eventually realized 2 things:

1. Regardless of the reason, it's over. No point in rehashing something that can't be changed.

2. This BU wasn't my fault. She made the choice to not communicate with me and then to leave. I had no say in the matter.

Distractions, friends and taking care of yourself. Those are key to making it through this.

It's only been 1 week. That's nothing. It's going to be like that for awhile. Sorry, i hate saying this becauz this pains me in the heart too, but the odds are they wont ever contact you back. Sure, it happens, but odds are against us. I've given up any hope she'll contact me anytime soon, and if i had to bet on it, i would say my ex will never contact me ever again.

I gO through wild swings like that too. One momemnt ill go out iwth friends to a bar and say to myself it's not that bad,and then the next moment the next day I'll be depressed as Fuc### and have all these memories of us. Music always brings me down too.

• Author
Yeah, those first couple of weeks are the WORST. I spent the whole time blaming myself for the BU and over-thinking everything. I eventually realized 2 things:

1. Regardless of the reason, it's over. No point in rehashing something that can't be changed.

2. This BU wasn't my fault. She made the choice to not communicate with me and then to leave. I had no say in the matter.

Distractions, friends and taking care of yourself. Those are key to making it through this.

I've defiantly over thank. I'm like, if only I communicated better... if only I wasn't so harsh on him those last minutes before the breakup and I felt like I pushed him to cut the cord because we were both hurting and I said harsh things.

): i just miss those memories when we cuddle or had funny texting banter.

i'll like literally go out and have "fun" just to think about him the entire time

Unlucky_I_Guess

Yep, that's pretty much how it's going to be.

Time heals all wounds. This is especially true in relationships.

I'm in the same boat. Its been just over 2 weeks since my ex left me for her ex and it hurts. For some time throughout the day I'll be ok, I'll even be smiling and joking with my friends, and then hours later I'm thinking of all the good memories I had with her, how much she hurt me, the fact that she cheated on me. It's especially confusing for me because I loved her with all my heart and she betrayed me in the worst way imaginable. My feelings for her linger but her actions are so selfish that I want to hate her.

I think time is really the only thing that can really help you. Of course having loved ones with you help but at this point there's nothing they can really say or do that will make you feel better.