problems getting my stuff back

We broke up four months ago. I didn't do anything, he pretty much ghosted me. Why wont he give my things back. I'm not mean, I don't ask often. But I am ignored. I'm baffled. Any advice or insight?

Take him to court, or at least threaten to take him.

What's his excuse for not giving your things back?

• Author
Take him to court, or at least threaten to take him.

What's his excuse for not giving your things back?

I don't know. He hasn't communicated with me since the breakup. Won't respond to my attempts. I just asked again for the last time. I guess it will just be a learning experience.

Sorry to hear you are being treated like this.

What's the approximate value of the items that he still has, that belongs to you?

• Author
Sorry to hear you are being treated like this.

What's the approximate value of the items that he still has, that belongs to you?

Maybe 200 dollars total. It's all replaceable. I just don't want to have to, haha.

Maybe 200 dollars total. It's all replaceable. I just don't want to have to, haha.

I went and read your other thread and posts. Yeah just write this stuff off as a lesson learned.

This guy sounds like he was a "chicken sh*t" any way. He wasn't man enough to even face you to end the relationship, and it would appear the whole moving too fast excuse, was BS to begin with. That's why he doesn't want to face you to return your belongings. Now he's in another relationship???

You dodged a bullet with this looser, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah, I feel that way myself. He didn't seem like that at all when we dated. Funny how you never really know someone as well as you think you do. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1
Yeah, I feel that way myself. He didn't seem like that at all when we dated. Funny how you never really know someone as well as you think you do. Thanks for the feedback!

LG, don't be too hard on yourself over this situation. That's why we date people. Eventually we discover who a person really is, the longer we spend getting to know them over a period of time. Personally, I've rushed into to situations before and disaster, along with heartache was the end result.

Don't give up or let this one situation get you down. Just move forward, and take what you've learned into your next relationship.

• Like 1

Learn the mantra, "It is just stuff."

In the grand scheme of things - unless it is a family heirloom - it isn't worth trying to reclaim...

• Like 2
Learn the mantra, "It is just stuff."

In the grand scheme of things - unless it is a family heirloom - it isn't worth trying to reclaim...

My Ex made out with over $10,000 of furniture, Television, Computer, Game console, clothing etc. I'd pay that again to get out of that hell hole relationship.

Just as Carrie eloquently stated, it's just stuff, it can be replaced. ;)

• Like 1

It is just 'stuff' but there's a principle involved here too.. The coward is avoiding her, but it's her stuff and he should do the decent thing and at least return it!!

Threaten him with legal proceedings...at least make the rat squirm a little.

My Ex made out with over $10,000 of furniture, Television, Computer, Game console, clothing etc. I'd pay that again to get out of that hell hole relationship.

Just as Carrie eloquently stated, it's just stuff, it can be replaced. ;)

$10k? Oh hell no Gus! Why did you NOT get your stuff back right when it ended?

To the OP, $200? Meh, like the others said, it's not worth the time to bother with. It only keeps you in contact w/the douche.

• Like 1
$10k? Oh hell no Gus! Why did you NOT get your stuff back right when it ended?

I left all my stuff at her house because we were planning on finding a house together once her lease was up. Some bad stuff went down, I had no money left and she got me kicked out of my room. Nowhere else to go, a strange city with no real contacts I decided to go back home (1500+ miles away). We reconciled and I planned on moving back, never got that far and at this point I never want to see her again. I do have the important possessions thank god, but all my other stuff, it's a casualty of war I guess. She can think of me every time she's has sex in my bed. :sick:

Yeah, this was an EXPENSIVE lesson. My friends and family were devastated this happened to me. What was funny is she told me she was sending me my things back, I was shocked, but how? I ended getting a box of light bulbs, extension chords, an iPad manual, a sketchbook and a packet of chopsticks. I have to give her props on that, symbolically telling me to "F*** Off!" without saying a word. lol

Do you still have the receipts? I'd sell that stuff to a local biker gang, and tell them where they can pick it up.

• Like 1
Do you still have the receipts? I'd sell that stuff to a local biker gang, and tell them where they can pick it up.

ROFL, oh, thank you. That made me laugh pretty good. :lmao::lmao:

Fantastic!! Best thought I've had for a while. ;)

I left all my stuff at her house because we were planning on finding a house together once her lease was up. Some bad stuff went down, I had no money left and she got me kicked out of my room. Nowhere else to go, a strange city with no real contacts I decided to go back home (1500+ miles away). We reconciled and I planned on moving back, never got that far and at this point I never want to see her again. I do have the important possessions thank god, but all my other stuff, it's a casualty of war I guess. She can think of me every time she's has sex in my bed. :sick:

Yeah, this was an EXPENSIVE lesson. My friends and family were devastated this happened to me. What was funny is she told me she was sending me my things back, I was shocked, but how? I ended getting a box of light bulbs, extension chords, an iPad manual, a sketchbook and a packet of chopsticks. I have to give her props on that, symbolically telling me to "F*** Off!" without saying a word. lol

Oh boy.. My competitive juices are flowing here. I think you're letting her off the hook far too easy. If you're over this peach emotionally, you need to consider taking her butt to court or threatening her with that. Send her a certified letter that clearly lists your assets, their value and a timeline for her to reimburse you for them or a time you can go there and pick them up. Let her know failure to do so will force you to take her to court.

Clarence_Boddicker

How do you know that he's getting your messages? If you are not sure that he's seeing or hearing your messages, have a mutual friend contact him or leave a note at his place or on his car.