What would you guys do?

grokcahsevol

I just got an email reminder...

My ex and I booked a concert a few months back for this upcoming weekend.. she has the tickets and she paid for them. I don't care about the tickets. However, I paid for the hotel room and it's non refundable and the room was an expensive room $300. I tried looking to see if their are any other concerts around but aren't. I really wanted to go to this one concert as it's one of my favorite bands is being held on a boat. It's all sold out, so I wouldn't even be able to get a ticket.

And going to the city just to sleep in a hotel room isn't too much fun either.

Any ideas? It's also kinda upsetting that we aren't going to this show but I'll survive!

I just got an email reminder...

My ex and I booked a concert a few months back for this upcoming weekend.. she has the tickets and she paid for them. I don't care about the tickets. However, I paid for the hotel room and it's non refundable and the room was an expensive room $300. I tried looking to see if their are any other concerts around but aren't. I really wanted to go to this one concert as it's one of my favorite bands is being held on a boat. It's all sold out, so I wouldn't even be able to get a ticket.

And going to the city just to sleep in a hotel room isn't too much fun either.

Any ideas? It's also kinda upsetting that we aren't going to this show but I'll survive!

Go to museums, look at bulletin boards and see what other concerts they might be having, visit a flea shop or farmer's market, just look around and see what pops up.

Maybe see if there's an orgy somewhere too.

I'd NOT use it as an excuse to contact this ex who's moved on from you. I'm not aware of any hotels that don't let you cancel 24 hours in advance? I'd contact them again. If for some reason you can't, go explore the city and use the room or eat the expense.

• Author
grokcahsevol
I'd NOT use it as an excuse to contact this ex who's moved on from you. I'm not aware of any hotels that don't let you cancel 24 hours in advance? I'd contact them again. If for some reason you can't, go explore the city and use the room or eat the expense.

Oh trust me, I would never ask her about them.

I couldn't cancel cause it was a special rate.

However, I found another concert to go to and going with a girl I met and some her friends. Should be fun!