Girlfriend ignored me then blocked me everywhere

Okay I'm at such a loss. I didn't expect this. I don't know what's going on.

2 days ago me and my gf were texting and she went to work. After that she said she would "text me later" when she got out. She never responded. She has still never responded. I don't get what is going on. I am so confused. I tried contacting her and calling her. She just dropped off. Now I woke up this morning and she has blocked me from EVERYTHING all social media. I didn't do a thing. I don't understand. We have been dating for 2 years and then this happens? I am so confused. I don't know if we are done dating or what? I am just at such a loss? I'm hurt and heartbroken. I'm a mess. Do I assume it's over now or what. I don't know if she is just upset with me or what?! I have not gotten anything said to me! No break up text, no explanation. I'm just being ignored and now BLOCKED.

StellaGrace

There is no way anyone here can give you insight into what happened. Only you know what happened in your relationship and how/if you can figure out what happened through friends, relatives or whatever.

Thats harsh either way!!

If there's nothing obvious that you can think of, then it looks like she doesnt have the front to face you on it, whatever IT is! That doesnt always bode well.

Take care man!

It makes no sense. I would go to her house & ask. After 2 years you deserve more than a disappearing act.

Two things come to mind here-

1) You need track her down (home or work) and ask WTF? 2 years and she pulls this? Totally un-acceptable..

2) Then, vanish from this @hit heads life. What a POS..

• Like 1
Eighty_nine

Yeah after two years, you deserve some kind of real ending. I'd knock on her door and ask what's going on. I assume she'll say it's over, and if/when she does cut her totally out of your life... she sounds like a kinda awful person.

Fleur de cactus

Usually you should see this coming. Think about the conversation you had. How was your relationship? You never fought? What was your last conversation topic? You may find an answer there. If not , go talk to her. She may have someone else and does not hAve the courage to talk to you, then chose to disappear, hoping you will figure it out yourself. Find her for explanation and move on. Because she not trustworthy.

• Author

Hey guys, so she called me this morning. She said she was sorry for all that. She just wanted time to think and didn't want me to message her on anything because ah read so stressed and she apologized.

Anyway, it's a sticky situation..she does not feel she wants to break up. She just does not know what she feels basically. We decided to take a break..but she said we still need to be faithful, no going around talking to other people..we need to stay in contact every day with at least 2 or 3 messages and we still can say an "I love you" I'm not too sure what's going on. She said she still cares about me but she feels like she does not like me as much as she used too...but she loves me still and wants to go on a date still when she comes to school by me. It's a weird break..she said she just wants space because she has so much stress with moving away to college for the first time and won't be with her parents and she said other things too..she is just stares see and wants some space for herself so she can settle in...

So to me it kind of sounds like she doesn't want to let go and wants to be together still...I am hoping his break will give us both time and help. Maybe it will make her miss me more and just realize that hey we really do like each other..at least that's what I hope...

She sounds very immature. But I have bad news for you. Breaks are "training wheels" for people who aren't strong enough to make a clean break. She's making sure she can live with out you because she wants you out of her life but doesn't want to be alone.

So my Q to you, how long are you going to let her jerk you around?

Even if she decides she misses you on this break, it's just a matter of time before she ends this for good. Why postpone the inevitable?

Hey guys, so she called me this morning. She said she was sorry for all that. She just wanted time to think and didn't want me to message her on anything because ah read so stressed and she apologized.

Anyway, it's a sticky situation..she does not feel she wants to break up. She just does not know what she feels basically. We decided to take a break..but she said we still need to be faithful, no going around talking to other people..we need to stay in contact every day with at least 2 or 3 messages and we still can say an "I love you" I'm not too sure what's going on. She said she still cares about me but she feels like she does not like me as much as she used too...but she loves me still and wants to go on a date still when she comes to school by me. It's a weird break..she said she just wants space because she has so much stress with moving away to college for the first time and won't be with her parents and she said other things too..she is just stares see and wants some space for herself so she can settle in...

So to me it kind of sounds like she doesn't want to let go and wants to be together still...I am hoping his break will give us both time and help. Maybe it will make her miss me more and just realize that hey we really do like each other..at least that's what I hope...

Really? You'll going to ALLOW her to dictate your relationship like this? She's going to make all the rules and decisions? OMG, my man.. Where's is your back bone? If she's suggesting this, it's the first step in dumping you. She's backing out of the relationship and you're allowing it.

What you should do? Call her back. Tell her that you've thought about further and feel it's better for you to simply end the relationship. Let her know that her telling you she needs "a break" speaks volumes as to how she feels about you and the relationship. Then wish her good luck and hang up the phone. You'll feel SSOO much better about yourself.

She clearly doesn't respect you as she clearly feels she wears the pants in that relationship. Girls don't LIKE guys they can push around. They don't respect them. You standing up for yourself and ending it will at least let her know you have a set of balls.

• Like 1

Okay, let me translate this for you.

Sounds like (and she probably told you) that she's confused. When a girl eludes to this, it means that she's confused about her feelings. And that confusion is the feelings she has for you and for someone else.

She pretty much gave you the "I love you but I'm not in love with you" speech. You usually see the "ILYBNILWY" speech with cheaters. Now, do I think she's cheating? No. Do I think she's interested in someone else? Yes!

Now, she wants to "take a break" but keep you on the hook. She wants this break to explore and see if this other guy has any interest in her. She can't make a move on him if he knows she's dating someone else. If there's someone else, guarantee you she's telling him that you two broke up and not "taking a break". If you find out about it, trust me on this, she's going to tell you that "He's just a friend and nothing is going on". If on this break, she discovers that he has no interest in her. Well, she has you waiting on the sidelines. "Okay, breaks over! I love you again!" But, if this guy does show interest, she will make this "taking a break" more permanent. Then, you'll get the "Nothing happened while we were together." and "He isn't the reason why we broke up."

So, why did she block you on social media for a few days? I'm guessing that she was tagged in something that she didn't want you to see. So, she blocked you for a few days to get it all cleaned up.

Edited by Chi townD
  • Like 2

Danny, I don't know why you have two threads running about this. But I saw your update and that is the reason I suggested just waiting it out. When someone is under stress/stressed out and considering something so BIG, they are prone to irritability and being reactionary. What you got really was a "possibility" for this to work out the way you want perhaps.

If you had interrupted her at a low point, let's say, she may have told you it was done right then and there.

Ask her for a specific "deadline", say 30 days to end NC and meet to discuss the future of the relationship if any.

Take this time for yourself to focus on what she was bringing to the relationship up to this point and really think about whether she was meeting your needs for a relationship. Then you will be able to have a clear, focused conversation with her. After reflecting on it all, you may find that it really wasn't what you needed it to be and so if it ends, you'll be able to move on a little bit easier. The fact that you even suspected she was backing off says a lot. Something was missing for you too. People who think they've been blindsided by a pull away were not really altogether happy themselves. If their partner pulls away and the other person feels blindsided, it's because they were probably operating on auto-pilot for a little while anyway.

Space is not always a bad thing. And, its not really about saving the relationship as much as giving you both the opportunity to explore everything with a clearer head.

seasickpeeve

Is she moving away to college? Would your relationship then be long distance?

She's prob taking time to work out if she likes you enough to do long distance at a time when she's going to be meeting lots of new people and starting a new life. Maybe blocking you out was her test to see if she felt ok without you and obviously didn't and got in touch.

I think breaks are fine but I don't think waiting for her and still saying 'I love you' is fine during that break or being told you can't see anyone else - those things come with a committed relationship. She might need to know what it feels like to miss you and you might need to work out whether you can still want someone who will do this to you.

It's like she wants her cozy security blanket only to be able to rip it off when she's feeling brave enough.

Maybe say you agree to the break but that there should be no contact during the break and you can't promise you won't meet someone else. Then see if she comes to you!

I'm glad to hear she contacted you. That whole thing was just really weird. It doesn't make any sense. I seriously thought she was gonna tell you she caught you cheating or something.

What's concerning is that after 2 years in the relationship, she didn't feel safe enough to come to you and have a conversation about she was feeling.

• Author

It's different. We are I. LDR now..and she comes to school very very soon...right by me..which makes this way worst...I think she wants to hold out from calling it off possibly because she may just be hurt because of the distance and when she comes here she might realize she was not thinking straight or something?? Idk if that's a possibility..sounds like it could be.

The fact that she says "she realizes that she doesn't like you as much as before but still loves you", this is contradictory this in no shape or form "LOVE". This whole break thing is her letting you down easy so when she has to do it, even though she's not 100% sure that she wants to break up because she's a coward.

Let me tell you she is really leaning towards breaking up but like all relationships it's hard to let go, she is just keeping you stringed until she is ready to let you go.

I know you're hoping that you guys can be together when she goes to school with you but even if she does, it will only be temporary. This is just my opinion of course but in any case you're not at a good spot to be in and based on your posts you seem to be a doormat for this girl.

ExpatInItaly

This girl and her rules are malarkey. Why on earth did you agree to this break and her silly rules? Where is your self-respect and dignity, OP? She's yanking your chain in a big way.

I think something appeared on her social media that she didn't want you to see. So she got "stressed" and blocked you. Come on...you don't actually buy that, do you? I would also bet that she is interested in someone else but doesn't want to fully let you go unless and until she sees if this other person feels the same way.

I would call her out and tell her it's over, and that this is not a break, but a break-up. She's being very disrespectful and immature, and that's not what a healthy relationship should look like

• Like 1