Should I or should I not?

Hi all!

Some of you may know my story already. I got dumped by my ex 4 weeks ago. I am actually doing pretty OK - I started new job, net new people, feel a lot better! I am not sure if I still love her or not.

Anyways, I did something I am not proud of, but I had no choice. I looked through my ex's whatsapp conversation with her "new friend". She has been blatantly lying about him so I decided to check her phone. And I was right.

Now, I am not sure if I ever want to get back with her (she has been leaving breadcrumbs for me past 4 weeks). But if we do, I want us to be honest about things.

Well, I am picking my stuff this Saturday and going trully NC then. I wanted to tell her that I know about this guy, that I have the proof etc that she was lying to me. Shall I do this? I would have to do this the day we would decide to get back together (unlikely). Plus I still am resentful towards her so telling her this would make me feel good (not that I dont feel good now). But I also dont want to shatter my chance of getting her back (I never know how I will feel in 3-4 months from now).

Shall I tell her that I know about this guy and how she EMOTIONALLY cheated on me and broke up with me for this guy??

• Author

Yea I have done it. She took it surprisingly well I thought she was going to have a go at me. I guess she must have felt relieved to finally say the truth.

I know my ex has lied to me about something, when we broke up she obviously didn't want me to move into the flat we had been planning on moving into for over half a year and would have been moving into together soon. She said she wanted the flat we were supposed to be moving in together to herself because she wanted to change the room I was supposed to be moving into, into a writing/study room. She also said she wanted alone and wanted space not just from me but from everyone.

Anyway 6 days later I found out she put a status saying she can't wait to move into the new flat with one of her best female friends from back home. This was only 6 days after she told me all the BS above, fair enough if it was over a few weeks or a month or 2 but to change her mind after 6 days I took it as her clearly lying to me. She doesn't know that I know though because she has me blocked and were not friends on Facebook.

Anyway this made me question her other reasonings for breaking up with me, leading me to believe that was all BS too although I've nothing to prove that yet. Did I call her out on it? No, despite how much I'm dying to rip into her for her lies I know that she would just stick to her story or say she changed her mind or some BS which I would find hard to believe. Not only that but my biggest reason for not calling her out on her lies is because I know it will just make her angry and make the situation worse tenfold which will destroy any hope of reconciliation.

Yours is obviously different and more serious than mine however if you've found out she left you for someone else and otherwise gave you a BS excuse, in this situation I probably would be more inclined to call her out on her BS but I wouldn't be completely sure myself to be honest.

• Author

I said it and she did not seem to be that mad. But when I read out what she wrote to him she was well annoyed. I am glad I did it. I feel much better :-)