To be in friendzone or not to be

RlyConfused

Met this girl 10 days ago, we both instantly clicked, discussed various topics, laughed at everything, just really enjoyed our time together. But before the first date she said that we can only be friends and I was like ok whatever, girls say this shiit all the time and you still end up with them more then friends.

So she offered for me after first date to go with her to summer camp for a week and we would use the same tent so I was like "fck yeah, im gonna get some". But nop, everynight i was trying to make some physical contact and she would react coldly.

So today I was like ***** it, i will invite her to my house, get some wine, snacks and get physical with her as much us I can. So everything was going good but at the end of the night she said that she doesn't want from me more then friend. I said that i really like her and i can't just be her friend and im not going for friendzone. She started crying and begging for me to stay as her friend, she said that guys leave her all the time like that. I was like "nop, not gonna happen, i really like you but more then a friend and it will be emotionaly hard for me to stay just as a friend"

So now she is telling how bad she feels and begs me to stay as her friend because im funny, smart and all that shiit and she says she doesnt care about looks, its not because of looks, she just doesn't want me more then a friend and thats it.

So if she really likes me so much as a friend that she even started crying (we only know each other 10 days) why the fck she doesnt want more?

And I really like her, last time i felt like this about a girl was 1,5 years ago.

FACTS: we are both 20 years old and she is a virgin

• Author
RlyConfused
Really?? I think she made it clear

i dont get the fact how you can attach to the person so much in 10 days but in a friendly way

There is a reason she only wants to be friends and it involves attraction.

She isn't sexually attracted to you but doesn't want to tell you that because it will hurt your feelings.

If you want more then you have no choice but to end the friendship.

Friendship is emotional without physical

Romance is emotional with physical

If you want romance then friendship won't be enough for you.

There is a reason she only wants to be friends and it involves attraction.

She isn't sexually attracted to you but doesn't want to tell you that because it will hurt your feelings.

If you want more then you have no choice but to end the friendship.

Friendship is emotional without physical

Romance is emotional with physical

If you want romance then friendship won't be enough for you.

Exactly on point.

• Author
RlyConfused
Maybe she doesn't have many good friends?

She does have a lot of friends and a lot of guy friends. I asked her "why do you need my friendship so much if you have plenty of other friends?" and her answer was because she feels very good with me.

I mean when I met her I didn't even think she was that pretty, I really liked her because of her personality, because it is very fun to hangout with her and talk with her and it just blows my mind that she didn't find me atrractive in a romantic way aswell, I mean if you like the guys personality so much, if you feel so good with him, how the fck you don't develop romantic feelings, what do you need more. Because thats what happened with me - I really like her personality, I like to hangout with her so i developed feelings for her.

And she hinted that maybe later she will want me more then a friend but not now, but I know for a fact that if I stay in the friendzone now It's over.

Im planing to go NC for a month and see how I feel after a month and see if i can just be her friend.

Also I never been friendzoned before.

So you met a girl 10 days ago and want to have sex with her and keep trying to manipulate the situation so you can have sex with her?

No wonder she's putting you in the friend zone.

Slow down buddy.

First of all, women move at a slower pace than men. Especially physically.

Second of all, if a girl feels you are pushing for sex/intimacy too fast, they tend to withdraw.

Third of all, if it felt natural for both of you, it would happen.

Ease up my friend. You shouldn't be this intense 10 days into knowing her.

• Like 1

Is it possible you could be her friend without sleeping in a tent for a week with her & without getting her to stay at yours? Kind of be much less full on friendship like a "normal" friendship would be at the 10 day stage then she still gets your friendship & you still get to enjoy her company & still be on her radar should anything change with her feelings.

• Author
RlyConfused
So you met a girl 10 days ago and want to have sex with her and keep trying to manipulate the situation so you can have sex with her?

No wonder she's putting you in the friend zone.

Slow down buddy.

First of all, women move at a slower pace than men. Especially physically.

Second of all, if a girl feels you are pushing for sex/intimacy too fast, they tend to withdraw.

Third of all, if it felt natural for both of you, it would happen.

Ease up my friend. You shouldn't be this intense 10 days into knowing her.

All i wanted was a kiss or smth, i was so intimate because i wanted to show that i like her. She just doesn't feel attraction for me and thats it (which is driving me nuts, because I can't understand why). Women from my past loved that intimacy from the day one.

I feel bad now because I have this evil plan to go NC and see if she misses me. All 10 days we hanged around like 24/7 together, maybe missing me will make her feel other things, It's evil because It's manipulation, but I need NC anyway...

• Author
RlyConfused
Is it possible you could be her friend without sleeping in a tent for a week with her & without getting her to stay at yours? Kind of be much less full on friendship like a "normal" friendship would be at the 10 day stage then she still gets your friendship & you still get to enjoy her company & still be on her radar should anything change with her feelings.

yeah i was thinking about this too, this or full NC

Simon Phoenix
All i wanted was a kiss or smth, i was so intimate because i wanted to show that i like her. She just doesn't feel attraction for me and thats it (which is driving me nuts, because I can't understand why). Women from my past loved that intimacy from the day one.

I feel bad now because I have this evil plan to go NC and see if she misses me. All 10 days we hanged around like 24/7 together, maybe missing me will make her feel other things, It's evil because It's manipulation, but I need NC anyway...

Why are you hanging out with her 24/7 for 10 straight days? No wonder why you are in the friend zone. You have to leave them wanting more at first. You pretty much have thrown the entire kitchen sink at her and she's not having it. She's seen all the clubs in your bag and would rather have another set. You were clumsy and tried to force intimacy instead of going with the flow and letting it happen smoothly. That's a huge turn-off, and I'm thinking that you scared her off romantically, especially if she's a virgin. I doubt she has much experience with any sort of intimacy, so you charging in like a bull didn't help you.

It doesn't matter if you go No Contact or continue to be pushy like you have, your ship is sunk. If you are going to go No Contact, then do it because you need to move on, don't do it as a manipulative ploy to try to con her into sleeping with you.

Next time try a bit of self-control, not only when it comes to haphazardly trying to score, but not hanging out with her every day. Hanging out with a person 10 days in a row right away isn't ever a good idea. You need to relax and stop trying to pressure, manipulate, and con this woman into being romantic with you.

Edited by Simon Phoenix
  • Like 2
  • Author
RlyConfused
Why are you hanging out with her 24/7 for 10 straight days? No wonder why you are in the friend zone. You have to leave them wanting more at first. You pretty much have thrown the entire kitchen sink at her and she's not having it. She's seen all the clubs in your bag and would rather have another set. You were clumsy and tried to force intimacy instead of going with the flow and letting it happen smoothly. That's a huge turn-off, and I'm thinking that you scared her off romantically, especially if she's a virgin. I doubt she has much experience with any sort of intimacy, so you charging in like a bull didn't help you.

It doesn't matter if you go No Contact or continue to be pushy like you have, your ship is sunk. If you are going to go No Contact, then do it because you need to move on, don't do it as a manipulative ploy to try to con her into sleeping with you.

Next time try a bit of self-control, not only when it comes to haphazardly trying to score, but not hanging out with her every day. Hanging out with a person 10 days in a row right away isn't ever a good idea. You need to relax and stop trying to pressure, manipulate, and con this woman into being romantic with you.

You are right, I agree with you. I ****ed up, lesson learned.