Ex texting me during NC??

My Ex broke up with me two weeks ago. We're supposed to be NC right now so that we can be friends down the road, but he keeps texting me.

I still have feelings for him, and he knows this, yet he has texted me two days in a row now to let me know he hopes I'm doing well and to update me on his job situation. We have a planned date to start talking again, I don't know why he can't just wait to talk to me until then? He's the one that broke it off with me, why can't he just leave me alone so I can get over him? It's hurting me to hear from him. I don't want to be mean and ignore him, but at the same time we agreed to NO CONTACT.

Can anyone give me any insight into why he's acting this way?

Reasons:

1) He may still care about you as a person and it makes him feel good to check on you. "I'm such a great person for making sure she's ok"

2) He wants to keep you on the side and after a few days of contact he gets scared that you're gone for good so he texts you to make sure you still like him.

3) Perhaps he still loves you and misses you, but unfortunately it's probably more of #1 and #2

My Ex broke up with me two weeks ago. We're supposed to be NC right now so that we can be friends down the road, but he keeps texting me.

I still have feelings for him, and he knows this, yet he has texted me two days in a row now to let me know he hopes I'm doing well and to update me on his job situation. We have a planned date to start talking again, I don't know why he can't just wait to talk to me until then? He's the one that broke it off with me, why can't he just leave me alone so I can get over him? It's hurting me to hear from him. I don't want to be mean and ignore him, but at the same time we agreed to NO CONTACT.

Can anyone give me any insight into why he's acting this way?

If you're replying to him, you're not in NC what so ever. NC is having ZERO communication with him.

Why is he still contacting you? He's horny, lonely, is maybe afraid that you'll move on and not want to talk to him again, wants you to be around as his back up plan, etc..

What you should do-

* Stand up for yourself! Let him know you will NOT be replying any further to contact, period.

*Evaluate if you REALLY want to meet up with a guy who's already kicked you to the curb?!?! Why do this? What's the point? Are you wanting to be his door mat and let him dictate when he'll date you or when he'll dump you again? Seriously?

What don't you take charge here. Text him that you need LOTS of time for you w/no contact from him. Let him know you'll think about POSSIBLY meeting up with him in a few months. If you could stay NC for that long, you probably won't WANT to meet up with him again. You'll be glad you moved on and kept your self esteem high by NOT going back to someone who's already kicked you to the curb..