Cheaters deserve to have their lives destroyed

pillowpuffs

I think I know what you mean about karma! My ex broke up with me after he cheated on me 2 months ago and is living his life all fine and dandy while I've been quite literally suffering through everyday. Is there no justice?

Edited by pillowpuffs
  • Like 1
TaraMaiden2

More karma is justice crap.

How many times do I have to tell you guyz - Karma has no retribution, no come-back, no punishment, no judgement, no kickass, no come-uppance no just desserts.

Karma doesn't do that, because that's not what karma is.

Find another term, because whatever it is that you want 'Karma' isn't it.

You want payback? Call it payback.

You want justice? Call it justice.

You want come-uppance? Call it come-uppance.

But don't call it Karma.

Get it right!

• Like 2

Cheaters always get the ultimate punishment - even if they end up with their AP - they have to live with their crappy selves.

I've alway's said that the best revenge for a BS is to let the OW keep the WS ! :laugh:

(This works for BHs as well, just interchange the genders) :)

• Like 2
Clarence_Boddicker

Cheaters deserve to be segregated from the non cheating population so they can't victimize the non cheaters of the world. Force all cheaters to live their lives with their own kind.

• Like 3
loveforever101
Cheaters deserve to be segregated from the non cheating population so they can't victimize the non cheaters of the world. Force all cheaters to live their lives with their own kind.

Pleaseeeeee make this a thing. I can't stand cheaters or even the thought of one and I've never even been cheated on. I've seen my mother go through it a lot though... no one deserves to be cheated on. Unless you're one of them!

That would be awesome. It would remove so many fears, doubts and jealousy in normal monogamous relationships. I feel something like that would be a huge boon for trust.

pillowpuffs
More karma is justice crap.

How many times do I have to tell you guyz - Karma has no retribution, no come-back, no punishment, no judgement, no kickass, no come-uppance no just desserts.

Karma doesn't do that, because that's not what karma is.

Find another term, because whatever it is that you want 'Karma' isn't it.

You want payback? Call it payback.

You want justice? Call it justice.

You want come-uppance? Call it come-uppance.

But don't call it Karma.

Get it right!

Hi, I believe you could be right but I also believe that karma has roots in several religions. From my understanding, it takes on a few meanings within scripture. In my religion, one of karma's accepted interpretations is that every action will be faced with a consequence (whether in this lifetime or in the next). Hence I equate karma with justice? I guess the concept varies depending on the different interpretations... That's my understanding at least.

I dont believe in karma or what goes around comes around i wish i did.

I would love to get revenge on my ex boyfriend if anyone knows do let me know.

The cheating **** went back to his ex girlfriend he never told me i found out i smelt a rat done my own investigating, then i let her know everything like you say he is her problem he is sitting pretty while i feel down.

He had the cheek to day it was all lies and bull**** from me so i let her know it all holiday pics text messages they are still together, i will get my own back when i work it out what to do, he wont get the last laugh.

Rejected Rosebud

I am against cheating and cheaters but karma has nothing to do with it and all of us no matter what we do have to live with ourselves.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2
Hi, I believe you could be right but I also believe that karma has roots in several religions. From my understanding, it takes on a few meanings within scripture. In my religion, one of karma's accepted interpretations is that every action will be faced with a consequence (whether in this lifetime or in the next). Hence I equate karma with justice? I guess the concept varies depending on the different interpretations... That's my understanding at least.

Yes, Kamma/Karma HAS a consequence - given that Kamma simply means 'Action' it's a fair likelihood that every Action WILL have a consequence.

But that's not to say that consequence will be either immediate, or obvious.

Karma is merely volitional, deliberate action.

It's a pretty safe bet that those who have cheated did not do so to deliberately, maliciously and hurtfully wound their partners.

Therefore, strictly speaking, seeking revenge or payback for that specific reason, is inappropriate or inaccurate. Taking Kamma as its original meaning, that is....

What those hurt by the deeds of their loved ones are doing, is seeking payback/revenge for the pain they felt from the cheating.

But as the pain, suffering and hurt was not the Cheater's original deliberate and wilfully-aimed INTENTION, this resentment and desire for revenge, while understandable, is misplaced.

It ain't Karma.

The conasequence to Kamma - is Vipaka.

Vipaka is what may - or may not - 'kick ass'.... And it's not direct, it's not always immediate and it's not always apparent as consequential.

Edited by TaraMaiden2
  • Like 1
I dont believe in karma or what goes around comes around i wish i did.

I would love to get revenge on my ex boyfriend if anyone knows do let me know.

The cheating **** went back to his ex girlfriend he never told me i found out i smelt a rat done my own investigating, then i let her know everything like you say he is her problem he is sitting pretty while i feel down.

He had the cheek to day it was all lies and bull**** from me so i let her know it all holiday pics text messages they are still together, i will get my own back when i work it out what to do, he wont get the last laugh.

My ex cheated on me, gave me an STD, left me to deal with a termination by myself. He blamed me for him cheating. Told me to never contact him when I found out the truth and that it was my fault he had to cheat. The very next day, he came crawling back, I told him, I would never ever have a relationship with him but I would contact him about the termination dates. 2 days later he abused me further for not giving him a chance. I cried. He didn't care. I sat on my end and decided, I will never let him abuse me when he cheated on me and left me to deal with a baby. Walking away for good felt scary but I have to respect myself for anyone to respect me. He is now blocked for good. The sad thing is that he's probably sat with his next "love". Whilst my heart is breaking right now, I know my heart will heal in time. I am a good person while he will continue to be a horrible cruel man. X

pillowpuffs
Yes, Kamma/Karma HAS a consequence - given that Kamma simply means 'Action' it's a fair likelihood that every Action WILL have a consequence.

But that's not to say that consequence will be either immediate, or obvious.

Karma is merely volitional, deliberate action.

It's a pretty safe bet that those who have cheated did not do so to deliberately, maliciously and hurtfully wound their partners.

Therefore, strictly speaking, seeking revenge or payback for that specific reason, is inappropriate or inaccurate. Taking Kamma as its original meaning, that is....

What those hurt by the deeds of their loved ones are doing, is seeking payback/revenge for the pain they felt from the cheating.

But as the pain, suffering and hurt was not the Cheater's original deliberate and wilfully-aimed INTENTION, this resentment and desire for revenge, while understandable, is misplaced.

It ain't Karma.

The conasequence to Kamma - is Vipaka.

Vipaka is what may - or may not - 'kick ass'.... And it's not direct, it's not always immediate and it's not always apparent as consequential.

That makes a lot of sense, I guess I hadn't thought about it that way. But yes, I am aware that karma isn't immediate or obvious, I think I was in a pretty hateful and bitter mood that night when I first posted on this thread.. and when you feel bitter and hateful, unfortunately you somewhat wish you weren't the only one suffering in this whole situation. :/

Although I must say that I feel in some cases, the person knows that their actions will cause their significant other a lot of pain and yet they do it? That's where I would impute intention because they should have known that their actions would hurt someone else.

Never heard of Vipaka as I'm not buddhist but just looked into it, thanks for referring me to it!

I probably have as low an opinion of cheaters as you do but you need to put this ex in the past. You are supposedly happily married with a child now so stop letting him dominate your life.

TaraMaiden2
That makes a lot of sense, I guess I hadn't thought about it that way. But yes, I am aware that karma isn't immediate or obvious, I think I was in a pretty hateful and bitter mood that night when I first posted on this thread.. and when you feel bitter and hateful, unfortunately you somewhat wish you weren't the only one suffering in this whole situation. :/

I would add, without any intention of piling on any agony (and please believe me, I DO feel for you and understand how hurt, bitter and hateful you must be feeling. I'm so sorry for that...) that Kamma/vipaka is not selective.

That is to say, whereas you began by saying that you thought or hoped kamma = Justice, it's important for you to now understand that everybody creates and manufactures, generates and perpetuates their own Kamma/Vipaka (Cause/Effect). So feeling animosity, hatred, resentment and bitterness actually does US harm too.

Everything you deliberately think/say/do has a consequence. And it all counts.

We can't get away with anything, because it is as ripples in a pond...

Kamma is like a wave: it behaves in exactly the same ways a wave does: By Reflection, Refraction or Diffraction.

REFLECTION: eventually, the ripples hit the shore, and come bouncing back towards the centre of the core place where the pebble hit the water.

What you think/say/do, comes back to you.

REFRACTION: Our emotions distort our perceptions. We see things in a different way, because we permit our feelings and emotions to energise and generate our actions. So in permitting something temporary, to fuel an action which will have a negative consequence, is to distort and contort whatever we do. And as such, our actions will appear out of line with reality...

DIFFRACTION: Our actions always find a way to spread and escape. It's a bit like the butterfly in the Amazon affecting the climate in Siberia.... our Actions spread and diffuse, and can reach places we never imagined or considered it would.

If your heart was not so broken, and your mind so bitter and hurt, you might not have posted.

In which case, you wouldn't be learning this.... A consequence that in your wildest dreams you could not possibly have predicted.... :)

Although I must say that I feel in some cases, the person knows that their actions will cause their significant other a lot of pain and yet they do it? That's where I would impute intention because they should have known that their actions would hurt someone else.

I take your point.

But this is a whole different sphere we're entering, and I'm not sure I should continue to expand as it would take the thread off-topic. You don't have PM facilities yet, so I could open a new thread.....?

I'd use your comment above as a springboard for discussion, but that's up to you.

Never heard of Vipaka as I'm not buddhist but just looked into it, thanks for referring me to it!

I try my best to use references, links and sources because I am not an authority. I'm just relating what I know, and passing it on... the remainder is for others to investigate further if they so choose.

:)

pillowpuffs
I would add, without any intention of piling on any agony (and please believe me, I DO feel for you and understand how hurt, bitter and hateful you must be feeling. I'm so sorry for that...) that Kamma/vipaka is not selective.

That is to say, whereas you began by saying that you thought or hoped kamma = Justice, it's important for you to now understand that everybody creates and manufactures, generates and perpetuates their own Kamma/Vipaka (Cause/Effect). So feeling animosity, hatred, resentment and bitterness actually does US harm too.

Everything you deliberately think/say/do has a consequence. And it all counts.

We can't get away with anything, because it is as ripples in a pond...

Kamma is like a wave: it behaves in exactly the same ways a wave does: By Reflection, Refraction or Diffraction.

REFLECTION: eventually, the ripples hit the shore, and come bouncing back towards the centre of the core place where the pebble hit the water.

What you think/say/do, comes back to you.

REFRACTION: Our emotions distort our perceptions. We see things in a different way, because we permit our feelings and emotions to energise and generate our actions. So in permitting something temporary, to fuel an action which will have a negative consequence, is to distort and contort whatever we do. And as such, our actions will appear out of line with reality...

DIFFRACTION: Our actions always find a way to spread and escape. It's a bit like the butterfly in the Amazon affecting the climate in Siberia.... our Actions spread and diffuse, and can reach places we never imagined or considered it would.

If your heart was not so broken, and your mind so bitter and hurt, you might not have posted.

In which case, you wouldn't be learning this.... A consequence that in your wildest dreams you could not possibly have predicted.... :)

I take your point.

But this is a whole different sphere we're entering, and I'm not sure I should continue to expand as it would take the thread off-topic. You don't have PM facilities yet, so I could open a new thread.....?

I'd use your comment above as a springboard for discussion, but that's up to you.

I try my best to use references, links and sources because I am not an authority. I'm just relating what I know, and passing it on... the remainder is for others to investigate further if they so choose.

:)

Highlighted the parts in bold that I found rather compelling. I've always been told that what we say/think/do has a consequence (and hence I should always think before I speak/do anything which honestly is a LOT easier said than done and has not been thoroughly followed on my end..) but when it was put across to me (as it has been above), I understand it better yet I still find myself somewhat confused.

I'm afraid to question further because I may end up sounding stupid. The concept should be simple enough and you've explained it so thoroughly that perhaps I shouldn't be baffled at all. I guess the confusion for me comes at the deliberate action part! Which would, like you said, take us to another thread. So yes, if we could start another thread to discuss this further, it'd be great because I think it's very easy to muddle what a 'deliberate' action is.

Cheaters are just selfish individuals who are too weak minded and weak willed to end a relationship prior to moving on.

• Like 3
TaraMaiden2
Highlighted the parts in bold that I found rather compelling....... So yes, if we could start another thread to discuss this further, it'd be great because I think it's very easy to muddle what a 'deliberate' action is.

Here you go. New thread.

TaraMaiden2
Cheaters are just selfish individuals who are too weak minded and weak willed to end a relationship prior to moving on.

Yes, agreed.

But not necessarily so.

They may well want both, as so many married people (particularly men) have shown on here.

So many women APs on here, who are continuing affairs with married men who either can't - or more specifically won't - leave their wives for all kinds of excuses, the bottom line of which is fundamentally, because they don't WANT to.

• Like 1