Deleting ex on social media even if you are on good terms?

Just wondering what your thoughts are on deleting an ex on social media if you have no ill will towards each other and are cordial with each other but still have feelings for the ex?

Personally, I can't trust myself not to go and snoop on my Ex. I just blocked my Ex in every facet I could. It's my time to heal, reminders of my Ex are only obstacles hindering my healing and growth.

IMO, trying to be 'friends' with an Ex is a horrible idea. NC is imperative to a full recovery. I'm sorry if it hurts their feelings but it's about ME now. My recovery is a selfish endeavor and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

• Like 1
  • Author
Personally, I can't trust myself not to go and snoop on my Ex. I just blocked my Ex in every facet I could. It's my time to heal, reminders of my Ex are only obstacles hindering my healing and growth.

IMO, trying to be 'friends' with an Ex is a horrible idea. NC is imperative to a full recovery. I'm sorry if it hurts their feelings but it's about ME now. My recovery is a selfish endeavor and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

My thoughts are it doesn't seem fair to myself that I cant go on social media and see what my friends are up to and what not because of my ex but then again I feel like it is cold. We attend the same college and share many mutual friends so avoiding her will be impossible

PegNosePete

If deleting your ex helps you, then delete away.

It's your social media page. Run it how you want, not how other people think you should.

If anyone calls you out on it, tell them it's your social media page and your business.

I regularly delete friends who I've lost contact with, haven't spoken to for ages, were in one of my social groups but dropped out, etc. I haven't been struck by lightning yet.