Question for the ladies

Has any girl ever contacted their ex first if you were the dumper and how long did it take? Would you want them to try to fix things or give you some space?

2 days later. But I wouldn't class myself as a typical dumper in my situation, I feel I was forced into it.

I have never reached out to an ex, but I wasn't exactly thrilled with how things ended with any of them.

It would depend on the circumstances.

I feel like in a situation where things ended amicably, but both parties knew they had to go their separate ways due to unforeseen circumstances, after time had passed or those circumstances no longer seemed relevant, I could see a woman happily reaching out to that ex.

Very broad question that is completely dependent on the reasons behind the break-up, what happens post break-up etc.

If she broke up with you because you cheated on her and you made a huge effort to make it up, she may take you back.

If she broke up with you because of fundamental differences, no. If she broke up with you because things went sour, she never really loved you and you said terribly mean things after the break up, no.

If she broke up with me because of something she did and I still loved her, I'd want her to make it up to me. If she did something unforgivable or I didn't like her anyways, I'd want space.

What's your story?

Every time I've been a dumper, I've never reached out to that ex. It was over and done with, and the decision to leave was dead-set in my mind, I wasn't going back on it.

In each case I've been the dumper, I never had remorse, or regret.

One dumpee really chased me hard. He did not stop for a few months. This is probably the worst thing a dumpee can do. I saw him as needy and pathetic.

You can't force someone to want to be with you. Let them stew in their decision and if they realize it was a mistake, they will more often than not let you know.

Every time I've been a dumper, I've never reached out to that ex. It was over and done with, and the decision to leave was dead-set in my mind, I wasn't going back on it.

In each case I've been the dumper, I never had remorse, or regret.

One dumpee really chased me hard. He did not stop for a few months. This is probably the worst thing a dumpee can do. I saw him as needy and pathetic.

You can't force someone to want to be with you. Let them stew in their decision and if they realize it was a mistake, they will more often than not let you know.

This^^^

People don't typically end a healthy relationship unless it's not working for them. Usually they thought about it for days, weeks or even a month or two before ending it. Sometimes, a fight can occur while they are checking out and they end it right then.

As a dumper, I've NEVER gone back to the dumpee to restart the relationship. I had thought it through and was DONE by the time I ended it. I also agree that when the dumped person continues to contact the dumper after it's over, they really look desperate, weak, needy and it's not a good thing.

foolinlove79

Definately depends on the rs and how you treated them and why it ended. I for one wish my ex would leave me the hell alone. Even his apology to me was bull****. But thats just me and my situation. Yours may be different.

Well....when I dump someone I'm pretty sure about it so I never regretted it. I have reached out to almost all dumpees. At least those I cared about. But it wasn't a "caring" in a romantic sense. More a "caring" about someone who was once an important part of your life and you still think of fondly. It Usually took me three weeks to reach out (just checking if they're ok) and after that a few months. Sometimes we grab coffee together. I never ever considered taking them back though.

infiniteQuest

It really depends on why you broke up and the particular person. To a previous ex, I never called back after breaking up. To the most recent one, I have come back many times.

It doesn't matter what the reasons were or how it ended. After a while people look back at the past with rose colored glasses. Eventually she will start remembering all your good qualities. One day she might reach out, but you would have to be a different person then you are right now.

• Like 2