We were in contact after the breakup for 2 weeks then after getting ignored for two days I texted her i wont bother her anymore and give her space but care for her alot and will be here when she is ready to talk again....was this a good way to end stuff?

Well, she was already telling you by ignoring you that she didn't want to be in contact with you, so you really didn't need to say anything. It's still early on. Emotions are high.

Now what you have to do by sending that text is do exactly what you said you would and that is no contacting her. It doesn't have to be for ever, but you left the ball in her court to contact you IF SHE wants. Let the emotions of the break up die down for a while so you both can think more clearly. There's always a chance, but extremely slim and if there is going to be a chance it wont happen until down the road after time has passed. You need to start working on yourself in the mean time because trying to pursue any more from this right now with her will be a waste and push her further away and keep you stuck in a holding pattern.

• Like 1
  • Author

I understand but Im the one who messed up this time and I didn't want her to think i wasn't regretful and careless so I had to chase her for a couple of weeks , but now i got to the point where i realize no amount of chase will fix things so i had to send one final text to leave the door open for her.

Okay, you left the door and now block her everywhere and

go NC before doing more damage.

Oh, it's not you who messed up. All dumpees think that but

chances are she was fishing for opportunity for some time.

I understand but Im the one who messed up this time and I didn't want her to think i wasn't regretful and careless so I had to chase her for a couple of weeks , but now i got to the point where i realize no amount of chase will fix things so i had to send one final text to leave the door open for her.

Once it's over the "who did what and whys" don't matter..

She broke up with you and ignored you for two days. The best way to handle it would have been not to contact her.

Not to jump on the pile here but.. there was NO value in sending that text. You're only pushing her further away.

As the others have said, leave her alone. Focus on you and learning from the experience. Have NC w/her what-so-ever.

Heal from it and then move on. I know it's hard but, this is the only thing that will work.

The only minor chance you have at getting her to engage again or to miss you is to vanish from her life. Again, give her no options to check up on you by looking at social media or anything else.

Assuming you want to move on, there's nothing wrong with that text. You don't need 5 people making you feel bad about it. You sent it, she knows how you feel, now let it be. You hit the tennis ball over the net, now go have fun and maybe it will fly back over.

• Like 1

It was fine as long as you abide my it & truly let it be your last communication with her.

• Like 1