Why is my ex trying to make me jealous when HE is the one who dumped me??

missfortune

I've been dumped recently and have been trying to move on.

I can't seem to make any progress in healing because my ex constantly tries to get a rise out of me/make me jealous in subtle ways... usually via social media sites like Instagram and Facebook.

Why on earth is he doing this when HE is the one who ended the relationship?? :(

Because he is unstable and doesn't know what he wants himself and if you allow it, he will string you along for months.

How do I know this? I have been in the exact same situation as you. My ex cheated and dumped me for someone else, and for some reason, she made sure that I know she is having a great time and found a much better person.

The most important question you should be asking yourself is this, why haven't you blocked him yet? Why haven't you initiated NC yet?

NC means absolutely no contact and that includes stalking social media profiles as well.

CryMeARiver

I'm experiencing something similar. In less than a week after I busted him (cheating, he dumped me and changed his online status to in a relationship with OW. I made sure she knew about me and she has been posting pics of them together, both saying back and forth how happy they are. It's ****ing horrible. I'm sure they are aware I looked, and she's saying to me she's the big fat winner. Of a lying cheat. Congrats.

Edited by CryMeARiver

Block it all. Sometimes social media can be cruel and hold you back.

It's okay to block it while you can't trust yourself. Someday, I promise, none of this will matter.

i agree with the above comment, block him.

i guess it's a pretty common thing. one of my exes also dumped me and tried to make me jealous. he stopped after i told him it's hurting me and even apologised for his behaviour. Apparently he didn't realise I was sad since I never begged him back and started dating immediately (like you've got any other option when you get dumped haha).

I guess he just needs an ego boost. He's immature and doesn't know what he's doing. He will probably (or maybe not) feel guilty about it down the road but it will take months of processing the whole situation. For now block him.

• Author
missfortune
The most important question you should be asking yourself is this, why haven't you blocked him yet? Why haven't you initiated NC yet?

NC means absolutely no contact and that includes stalking social media profiles as well.

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

1) The reason I haven't initiated NC is because, deep down, I still want him back... I'm afraid that if I go NC, he will forget about me and move on with someone else.

2) The reason why I haven't blocked him yet? Same reason as above... I still want him back and I don't want to cut off all contact yet (in case he tries to reach out to me).

Edited by missfortune
stillafool

Well if you refuse to block him you will continue to see what he is up to and be hurt. He may not be trying to make you jealous but just moving on with his life and that is making you jealous. If you want to heal you should block him. If he wants you back it won't matter whether he is blocked or not he will reach out to you.