getting over someone you love when you know they dont love you anymore

With all the bad things i did to my exgirlfriend I know she doesnt love me anymore. How do I get her out of my head and finally move on?

HokeyReligions

It takes time. Focus on yourself. When you find yourself thinking of her make a conscious effort to turn your thoughts to other things.

Hang out with friends, fine new hobbies or take up old ones. Get plenty of sleep and exercise, eat right.

When you start dating again don't rush into anything. Keep it casual for a while. It's not unusual to date and without realizing it, using the new girl to fill in for the ex.

Don't go places where you went with your ex - try as much as possible to stay away from places or activities where you will miss her--things that you shared.

This may sound silly, but rearrange the furniture in your room/home. You will less likely to visualize her there.

• Author

Its so hard because everything i do, i think of her. if i go to a club with friends i dont feel like socializing or anything, i just want her to be there and grab her to dance. life just doesnt seem the same.

I'll be honest - it's not easy to do, and you'll likely have good days and bad during this process. I know my ex wants no further romantic involvement with me, and yet I still think about her 3+ months after our breakup. Keeping busy helps some, but it's not the miracle cure. The only remedy must be time, and from they way I'm feeling, I'll probably need a lot of it. If you haven't already done so, I would advise removing her from your speed dial, instant messengers, e-mail, etc. Believe it or not, these small reminders of your ex can slow you down quite a bit.

Hang in there, man. I know how rough it is, but you are not alone.

Unrequited love = torture

There is no possible worse pain than loving someone who does not return that same love.

I'm not sure there is really much you can do besides just feel the pain, and in time it will fade. I find going out with friends helps minimally. I know it sounds bad but even when I put on a strong front, inside I am still dying inside. Allow yourself to feel the pain and then in time it will get better. It really does just take time...

Then again who am I to give advice on this...I'm in the same boat as you right now and it is killing me and eating me up.

I try to remind myself that my ex and I were totally wrong for each other. I try to remember that he just caused me headaches, that he was never really going to change, that in the future he would have cheated on me, that he was more problems than he was solutions.

I try to keep reminding myself of this. I keep repeating the words his mom told me when my ex and I were about to break up......She said....If I were you I'd RUN!! But she was usually pretty harsh to him, so I sort of feel bad for him that his mom says that about him. But I think about these things when I start to think about my ex.

HAHA moon that is so funny b/c my ex's mom actually referred to him as being "extreme"

:confused:

Guess I see that in true colors now. Extremely loves you or extremely hates you...no in between.

I'm thinking my ex may seriously have borderline personality disorder.