Dumped and Bummed

Mr Mind of Shazam

Long distance galpal dumped me yesterday, out of the blue.

Been together over four years.

The worst part is that at 47, never married, I think that was my last at-bat.

Anyone ever deal with that mindset successfully? I know that objectively that's not true, but subjectively I feel that that's it and there's probably no one for me at this stage.

Hope Shimmers

You're a 47 year old single attorney and you think your life is over?

I'm a single physician of the same age, in just about the same boat (except divorced) and I hope you're wrong, because my life isn't over yet.

• Like 2

If your long distance for four years thats more of a pen pal situation.

Try closer to home when you are ready.

If it cheers you up one of my exes was older than you when he pulled me... I was a mere young lass in my early 20's at the time! Your far from over...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Mr Mind of Shazam
If your long distance for four years thats more of a pen pal situation.

Try closer to home when you are ready.

If it cheers you up one of my exes was older than you when he pulled me... I was a mere young lass in my early 20's at the time! Your far from over...

We weren't long distance for that entire time. Thanks!

To your one point, a question does run through older peoples' minds when they consider dating an older, never-married person.

You know the question I'm talking about. It may not prevent you, but it will limit your prospects. I'd suggest that you have a good story to explain it.

Staying BF/GF for four years in your 40's might help explain your recent dumping, BTW. I don't know for sure, but those gals in their 40's aren't getting any younger.

How did they conclude you're an attorney? You sounded like a baseball fan to me.