should i let it be or defriend her again on facebook

Ive posted my story on here before about a month ago. We both broke up becasue of our insecurities. But she came back the next day after i begged her to and acted like nothing had changed. I was to afraid of bringing any issue up because i thought i might ruin my second chance. The following day she dumps me via text. I begged her on and off for a few weeks just pushing her away. Ive done alot of reading and have learned alot from our relationship and how relationships should be. I was in nc for a few weeks when i totally messed up. I originally blocked her on facebook and unblocked her right after. I was a mess and i forgot i did this. Later i ended up asking her why she deleted me on facebook and she said she didnt. Then of course i send her a request and she added me back. I set myself up for failure once again and i sent her a nice msg about some of her posts and her reaction was ice cold. This sent me so far back into pain. This was about a month ago. I blocked her on my feed and refuse to look her up because it hurts to much and keeps me from moving on. But now i have a feeling shes creeping on my facebook checking up on me. I dont want her to be able to keep tabs on me. I feel like she wont really miss me if she has the ability too check up on my life when she wants to. but i dont want to remove her because if she does notice it will be embarrasing to me that im still moving on. Everything ive done after the breakup has done nothing but stroked her ego. Should i just let it be or defriend her again.

Delete and block her.

Also, adjust your privacy settings so she can't see anything if you aren't friends with her.

• Like 1

There is no good reason to give somebody you are not involved with that kind of intimate access to your life.

Seriously, what do you think the upside is to keeping her connected?

• Like 1
  • Author
Delete and block her.

Also, adjust your privacy settings so she can't see anything if you aren't friends with her.

She will see this and probably will get a kick out of it. I dont want her to know i was thinking about her again. I cant delete my fb either cuz i use it daily.

• Like 2
  • Author
There is no good reason to give somebody you are not involved with that kind of intimate access to your life.

Seriously, what do you think the upside is to keeping her connected?

At the time i wanted to be friends but ive come a long way sense. Id have to literally give my phone to my friend to do it to.. i cant even look at her profile pic without getting upset. But it will just send her another msg that i was thinking of her again and i feel childish by blocking her.. unblocking her.. and then blocking her again

• Like 1
ColdandLonelyinAK

If it makes you that uncomfortable to even see her profile picture, block her.

I went through this dilemma just yesterday, wondering if I should or shouldn't block my ex.

I don't want to see his comments, pictures, nothing... And I really don't care anymore what he thinks if he sees that I blocked him. If she wants to get back in touch with you, she will find a way.

There's actually been a study on social media and breakups, and it's been proven that keeping your ex around or even giving them the opportunity to see your updates hampers your ability to heal and move on.

Repeat after me: delete and block.

• Like 1

She is your ex.

Stop caring what she thinks. Why does it matter? It doesn't.

Block and delete her, for you.

If you like, change your settings so only (close) friends see your updates.

• Like 3
SankeCoffee

Block and delete for you. If you don't your just holding hope that they will want you back. If she doesn't want to be with you, then by no means give her any power to keep tabs on you and see what your doing when she gets bored

• Like 1
At the time i wanted to be friends but ive come a long way sense. Id have to literally give my phone to my friend to do it to.. i cant even look at her profile pic without getting upset. But it will just send her another msg that i was thinking of her again and i feel childish by blocking her.. unblocking her.. and then blocking her again

You can't be a friend to her, but you can be a friend to yourself.

Block.

She will see this and probably will get a kick out of it. I dont want her to know i was thinking about her again. I cant delete my fb either cuz i use it daily.

So? This shouldn't be your concern.

• Author

Thanks everyone. Im going to give my closest friend my facebook account and have him block her for me.

My husband asked for a separation 6 weeks ago and I received a notification that he had changed his profile pic and status about 2 weeks into it. I ended up deleting my account for my own personal well being. It would feel wrong to block him but yet I don't want to see anything he posts or who he becomes friends with. Not having the account will also prevent me from looking him up.

Since so many people for some strange reason think blocking someone on FB is a big deal, I think we should send a suggestion to Mark Z to add a 'mark as my ex' button so people won't feel bad doing it.

• Like 2

SO WHAT?!?!? It would be the last kick she gets! You need to BLOCK her. Don't de-friend her. BLOCK her.

Then, start to heal and make positive changes to your life!

• Like 3

Drop the hammer and block her! If you want, you could get post a countdown timer, and block her when it hits zero. That will dispel the feelings of mirth that you dread.

Edited by mightycpa

Block permanently, it feels so damn good. She is not a friend or even an acquaintance, zero reason to have her on any form of social media. Also if it's any consolation, I blocked my first ex immediately on fb, she came back around via an fb message from her MOTHER'S account about 5 months later, telling me she missed me and that it felt weird being completely detached from eachother, i had the privilege of ignoring this. Keeping them on fb just means they are able to live with your "presence" - they can still keep tabs, monitor you, they will never truly feel your absence in their life if you're literally a click away at any given time. Most importantly it does wonders for your healing because you don't have to worry about seeing their face pop up randomly and ruining your day, and you can post whatever you want without having to consider their interpretation.

• Like 2