He texted me after 3 weeks of NC...but.......

:eek:so my ex boyfriend finally texted me 3 days ago after being broken up for almost a month and NC for 3 weeks.. this break up has been the hardest for me because this man I love to death and care very deeply. His reasoning on breaking up was that he needed space and wanted to be alone, he had so much stress and pressure on him (work wise, family wise, self wise) that he couldn't handle hurting me or confusing me with his chaotic life.

Few days after he broke up he did contact me and said he was nothing without me but he just needed space to figure out what he wanted with his life, he wanted to fix it all himself and didn't want me to help him (I offered) but said he was put in that situation that he would fix it himself.

Once again, 3 days ago he texted me after not speaking for 3 weeks, he started off with "hey hope everything's going well" of course i got excited and and instantly got butterflies in my stomach, 20 minutes later I replied with "yes, im fine thank you I hope you're feeling better" he says a little but still stressed out like crazy but does miss me very much.

He then ask me to take me out to dinner sometime this week, and of course I reply with a yes. But is it a good idea?, I was actually starting to heal those 3 weeks but I was constantly thinking about him 24/7. was the invite more of a just friends type of thing? or maybe his way of wanting to explain everything?

btw the text didn't last long, after I said yes. I stopped replying. I also don't want him to think "he still has me" in a way.:eek:

frigginlost
:eek:so my ex boyfriend finally texted me 3 days ago after being broken up for almost a month and NC for 3 weeks.. this break up has been the hardest for me because this man I love to death and care very deeply. His reasoning on breaking up was that he needed space and wanted to be alone, he had so much stress and pressure on him (work wise, family wise, self wise) that he couldn't handle hurting me or confusing me with his chaotic life.

Few days after he broke up he did contact me and said he was nothing without me but he just needed space to figure out what he wanted with his life, he wanted to fix it all himself and didn't want me to help him (I offered) but said he was put in that situation that he would fix it himself.

Once again, 3 days ago he texted me after not speaking for 3 weeks, he started off with "hey hope everything's going well" of course i got excited and and instantly got butterflies in my stomach, 20 minutes later I replied with "yes, im fine thank you I hope you're feeling better" he says a little but still stressed out like crazy but does miss me very much.

He then ask me to take me out to dinner sometime this week, and of course I reply with a yes. But is it a good idea?, I was actually starting to heal those 3 weeks but I was constantly thinking about him 24/7. was the invite more of a just friends type of thing? or maybe his way of wanting to explain everything?

btw the text didn't last long, after I said yes. I stopped replying. I also don't want him to think "he still has me" in a way.:eek:

Ask him why he wants to take you out. If he just wants to "catch up" cancel it. If he responds that he was hoping you guys could talk, press him on what about.

In short, be strong and be confident. He dumped you. Unless he has anything meaningful to say, he could be just trying to shed guilt.

• Like 1

Yes, I'd want to know why he wanted to meet up again and why I should risk meeting him. He'd have to have a very good explanation which included apologies and a desire to get back together in the kind of relationship I'd like.

thekarmacist

go, especially if you love the guy, but keep it cool just in case it doesn't go the way you want. dinner isn't the usual way to give someone a final kiss off. he's reopening the lines of communication, which seems promising.

thekarmacist

the other thing is that he's had three weeks apart from you. if he wanted out, he could email or call you and tell you so; he wouldn't make a date for dinner and tell you he misses you.:)

frigginlost
the other thing is that he's had three weeks apart from you. if he wanted out, he could email or call you and tell you so; he wouldn't make a date for dinner and tell you he misses you.:)

Wanna put money on that? :)

I had an ex do that exact thing. Her excuse? I deserved to hear it in person...

• Like 1
  • Author
yes.. i WOULD put money on this one.

Lol well he texted me again today saying if I was available Tuesday or Wednesday for dinner , and then finished off his text saying "I'm excited to see you"

Once again, I'm not completely putting my hopes up too high I'm being strong and guarded as hell because I don't want him to

Think it's okay just leaving me when he has a complete meltdown.

I will keep you guys posted on what happens! But fingers crossed everything will be okay.

• Like 2