What's the cruelest/meanest thing your ex said to you after breaking up?

Hey guys. Lately I've been struggling with issues I'm having with my ex boyfriend. After our break up, and even after I helped him in the hospital when he got surgery, he still said some really harsh things that hurt. Just wanted to get some more stories on this.

What's the meanest thing your ex said to you after (or during) your relationship? Something you feel like you'll never forget?

Mine is: "Maybe if your dad was alive and loved you, you wouldn't be such a wh***"

Wow, that is awful. Makes mine seem stupid. Pretty much everything he said afterwards and the way that he tried to blame me for the breakup and made me feel worthless and not good enough for him. "You don't have any passions, you are unhappy with your life and your job, you make me unhappy" that sort of stuff. Then things like how he was madly in love with his ex but just didn't love me. And the way he so quickly started using past tense in the days following the breakup "I really liked you, I was attracted to you" and had moved on well and truly so quickly. "I want to do better"

Probably sounds silly but it still hurts coming from someone I love and respect so much (still no past tense from me), to know how little he thinks of me.

• Like 1

Mines not nearly as bad as yours. But here it goes:

Me: *stating I need space to get over her*

Her: I understand, don't be mad at yourself!

But pretty mean IMO.

• Like 1
  • Author
Wow, that is awful. Makes mine seem stupid. Pretty much everything he said afterwards and the way that he tried to blame me for the breakup and made me feel worthless and not good enough for him. "You don't have any passions, you are unhappy with your life and your job, you make me unhappy" that sort of stuff. Then things like how he was madly in love with his ex but just didn't love me. And the way he so quickly started using past tense in the days following the breakup "I really liked you, I was attracted to you" and had moved on well and truly so quickly. "I want to do better"

Probably sounds silly but it still hurts coming from someone I love and respect so much (still no past tense from me), to know how little he thinks of me.

Wow! Funny how similar this is to my story. I made a huge mistake and went through my exes phone and found him talking to his ex (guess I found what I was looking for haha) and he told her "Me and her never loved eachother" then when I asked him about it he looked me dead in my eyes and said "At one point I did." That hurt. Bad. So I know how you feel.

Best wishes. Xo

• Like 1
Wow! Funny how similar this is to my story. I made a huge mistake and went through my exes phone and found him talking to his ex (guess I found what I was looking for haha) and he told her "Me and her never loved eachother" then when I asked him about it he looked me dead in my eyes and said "At one point I did." That hurt. Bad. So I know how you feel.

Best wishes. Xo

It's really hard when it takes you by surprise and they just seem to blase about it. I guess it makes them feel better and have less guilt, to hurt and blame us.

Mine is pretty different. Wasn't mean but it sure as hell was cruel.

Broke up, had my heart broken. What he said after a period of NC was "I still love you and that's a fact". Shattered my heart so completely because love means you make an effort to talk instead of shutting someone out completely. Mutual friends revealed that he didn't look the slightest bit hurt, promptly jetting off and seems like he's having a whale of a time.

Why tell me that you still love me if you're the one who decided to leave?

OP, that's pretty cruel. I'd use that as fuel to get over this idiot.

I don't know about cruel things but my ex said weird things like... "I've made you into a better person, you'll never meet anyone as good as me because guys like me are a dying breed" when we first met he also said I should pay him a salary because guys like him are rare....I should have ran for the hills at this point ha.

Both things are indeed false.

Edited by Meli22

He described in detail the proposal he was allegedly planning. We'd been together for over 10 years & broke up because he repeatedly said marriage is just a piece of paper so I found it particularly cruel that he lied & acted like he had been planning to marry me.

• Like 2

My most recent told me she wished we had never met, she wouldn't care if I died, I made her sick, she hates herself for dating me, told me to go f*** myself and kill myself. This was because I totally and completely strung her along for 1.5 years so I can't even hold any of this against her. :o

• Like 1

She said things like "I've been meeting up with guys for sex", "I'm still in love with my ex", "you're not right for me", "I wish I never met you", "you're a loser who lives off his dad's money, you have no purpose in life", usual crap. I have no idea wtf I was thinking getting with her, I'm crazy.

Mine is: "Maybe if your dad was alive and loved you, you wouldn't be such a wh***"

Wow ....stay classy bro. :rolleyes:

One of my GF's BF openly admitted to cheating on her and mocked her to her face, publicly. (Sort of an "oh yeah btw I forgot to tell you but we're breaking up" type thing.) Let's just say he wasn't laughing much a few days later. :cool:

Mine is pretty different. Wasn't mean but it sure as hell was cruel.

Broke up, had my heart broken. What he said after a period of NC was "I still love you and that's a fact". Shattered my heart so completely because love means you make an effort to talk instead of shutting someone out completely. Mutual friends revealed that he didn't look the slightest bit hurt, promptly jetting off and seems like he's having a whale of a time.

Why tell me that you still love me if you're the one who decided to leave?

Wow, if I didn't read this over again - I would think that I wrote it. This is the exact situation I'm in too. Sorry that you have to deal with it as well - it's very difficult. :(

Sounds like several posters where dealing with young, immature ex's. To the poster who got the "I'm still in love with text", I wouldn't take that serious. Sounds like he was just being a douche bag.

I know several people who got dumped. The felt horrible for what the ex didn't say after the break up. The dumper simply vanished..

Mines seems lame as hell, but what the hell...

"I could of done better than you this whole time" and "You're a piece of ****". Typical break-up **** nothing crazy like some of the stuff I've been reading up there. The whole "doing better than me" was bull though, it's really the other way around...lol

• Like 1
trippi1432

When asked "What was so important that you couldn't speak to me on Valentine's Day", my 1.5 year LDR gave me complete silence. No contact can be a blessing, but it's a cowardly way to break up with someone or cause a breakup.

• Like 1

During her BU speech she said to me: "I love you and i believe we're destined to be together, but i have to go through this alone. (she was depressed and had problems with dealing with abuse from her childhood)"..

At that point she was already talking a few days with a guy she left me for..

• Author
Wow ....stay classy bro. :rolleyes:

One of my GF's BF openly admitted to cheating on her and mocked her to her face, publicly. (Sort of an "oh yeah btw I forgot to tell you but we're breaking up" type thing.) Let's just say he wasn't laughing much a few days later. :cool:

Wow! What happened a few days later?

I know several people who got dumped. The felt horrible for what the ex didn't say after the break up. The dumper simply vanished..

That's probably the worst thing imaginable lol

^ Actually I agree that can be worse than overt antagonism.

Wow! What happened a few days later?

He was injured. I assure you it was totally deserved. :p

• Like 1

Some words that have really stuck with me were when she told me "*my name* it is over. What is there to speak of?" and when I begged/pleaded some more she told me "I'm not looking back".

It was a few days after she had broken up with me for the second time. I didn't know at this point she was transitioning to a new guy, so I begged/pleaded thinking we broke up for a stupid fight. The words cut through me that day, and I still think of them today. The confusing part was how she reached out a month later.. so much for not looking back.. :rolleyes:

Latino4Lyfe

Ooh where do I begin lol, ummm well mine I guess is not as bad everyone else's but I will share a few cruel things the ex has said to me over the past 2 years. Hmmm let's see while she was breaking up with me, she said she did not want to be with me because even though, I have been so perfect with her, she does not like the fact that my family is catholic even to the point where she called it a bulls*** religion. She said I didn't pay enough attention to her sexually which was not true. There were plenty of times in which we tried having sex but she just kept making up excuses and backing out despite her being "hyper sexual". She said that she does not like the way I always take care of mother and refuse to go out late at night for drinks with her...oh gee I'm sorry my mother is terminally ill and I have better things to do than spend my time and money in some run down bar.

There was also the time we were out together post break up when she said that she would never marry me because I put up with a lot of her crap...yeah I have plenty more but I'll put a stop there :laugh:. Since then, she does still try to throw breadcrumbs at me and say little things to get my attention but...yeah she's messed up and needs to get it together.

• Author
Some words that have really stuck with me were when she told me "*my name* it is over. What is there to speak of?" and when I begged/pleaded some more she told me "I'm not looking back".

It was a few days after she had broken up with me for the second time. I didn't know at this point she was transitioning to a new guy, so I begged/pleaded thinking we broke up for a stupid fight. The words cut through me that day, and I still think of them today. The confusing part was how she reached out a month later.. so much for not looking back.. :rolleyes:

Did you speak to her when she reached out? Did you all get back together?

OK_computer

After all the **** she pulled on me over the last 4 years shes like:

"I don't give a damn about your bloodly problems. I never want to hear from you again, don't ever come back. And you took advantage of me." :sick::mad::(

I was so shocked with what she said idk what to say, so i said 'go die.'

all i could muster up.

"right after I put you back on the plane to Texas, I found myself a redhead." And I presume he f**ked her, because it wasn't much longer after that that he broke up with me.