Books, Films and Porky Pies.

'Elaine....Elaine ...'

'Ben !!!!!'

Cut to Ben and Elaine driving off into the sunset (give or take a shot or two).

A scene from The Graduate where The Hero manages to get back with his ex. at her wedding to someone else (if you haven't seen the film or read the book).

It's not like that in real life, is it ?

He would have been locked up by the fuzz for being a stalker and if I was the intended bridegroom, I'd probably have hit him.

Probably...

Anyway - out of mild curiosity (and I'm sure it's probably been covered before) has anyone had - or heard - of any success with the big dramatic last throw of the dice to get someone back or is it all a load of *ank and anyone with any sense whatsoever should go NC and stick to it.

Disclaimer - I'm NOT intending to break my own NC in any shape, way, or form nor am I suggesting for an instant that anyone else does !!

Edited by sowhynot
Tidying it up - should have previewed it first !

Anyway - out of mild curiosity (and I'm sure it's probably been covered before) has anyone had - or heard - of any success with the big dramatic last throw of the dice to get someone back or is it all a load of *ank and anyone with any sense whatsoever should go NC and stick to it.

Everything I've read on how to get a dumper back (if you really should) is to vanish from their lives. This is to allow them time to realize what their life is w/out you and also allows them a "chance" to miss you.. I've also read if a dumper returns, it's generally around 5-6 months post break up. That time away from the dumpee allowed them to start dating, maybe have a short rebound relationship and see if the grass is greener.

What absolutely doesn't work in trying to get a dumper back is to continue to contact them while begging, crying, pleading for a second chance. The dumper will only think the person is pathetic, needy, clingy and it will drive them further away.

I was lucky enough to find out the truth in this. When my last ex dumped me, I was done w/her. I vanished, disappeared. Blocked her on all social media. Avoided anywhere I might run into her. She heard NOTHING from me what so ever. I didn't do it to "punish" her or to play games. I did it for ME! I needed to heal and get over the rejection. Seeing or talking to her would of f'd me up.

Luckily, I met my now GF a few months later and am greatful. OH, my dumper reappeared after 6 months, begging and pleading for another chance. I got to say no thanks..

• Like 1