1 year later, fishing?

So in the past 3 weeks my ex as well as ex best friend (who is best friends with my ex) have both hit up the same person that I became really good friends with in the last 5 months.

The ex best friend contacted him saying she was removing him from Facebook because of me hitting "too close to home" for her.

Then today my ex contacts him asking him to translate something in Chinese something for his friend.

I find it odd that they both came out of the woodworks hitting up the one guy that I hang with on a constant basis. Does it seem like they're both fishing for attention?

I get a weird feeling that I'm about to get an email from either one of them, like a storm is brewing and I need to be prepared.

HeartOfAPhoenix

If your friend is close and you hang out regularly, if them "coming out of the woodworks" means anything, you'll hear about it. Why don't you have them blocked on facebook? If they do have a motive, it's likely to see if you would contact either one of them. Block and ignore.

• Author
If your friend is close and you hang out regularly, if them "coming out of the woodworks" means anything, you'll hear about it. Why don't you have them blocked on facebook? If they do have a motive, it's likely to see if you would contact either one of them. Block and ignore.

They ARE both blocked, hence them hitting up my friend knowing that we hang out on a constant basis. It just seems odd to me. I hear nothing from them in over a year and then all of the sudden this happens.

HeartOfAPhoenix
They ARE both blocked, hence them hitting up my friend knowing that we hang out on a constant basis. It just seems odd to me. I hear nothing from them in over a year and then all of the sudden this happens.

Did you find out about them making contact with your friend, from your friend? Or did facebook change something and now you can still see posts of people you've blocked? I deleted facebook years ago, so excuse my ignorance.

If you've held NC I see this as a way to either get you to break it, or they are using your friend as a middle man for contact. Either way is childish if it's the case and will only result in head games. I suggest you not participate. If there is something more malicious going on I'm sure your friend will tell you, but my money is on head games.

• Like 1

I agree with the previous poster. I want to add that it you're so concerned with head games at third stage you need to reevaluate your path for healing.

I'm afraid not just unfortunate circumstances i don't think that's mind games to much time has past for that

You maybe holding onto something still and its your mind over thinking it

Ask your mate get clarity on it but get it out of your system dangerous path otherwise

• Author

I personally believe my ex had narcissistic qualities. Enough time has passed where those "rose tinted" glasses has lifted and I see him for who he is. My friend is the one who told me about it asking me how I felt about him replying to my ex (he has my back). I honestly said I didn't care either way but found it odd that both of them decided to start chatting

him up around the same time.

I personally feel like it's the game... While I know my ex isn't doing it to rekindle things with me, I feel like it's a way to be like "hey, I know you're probably moving on, but don't forget me, I'm still here". - hence the narcassistic qualities I mentioned.

Thanks for replies, LS offers good feedback. I don't have any intention of replying if he does indeed contact me - I deserve a lot better than this guy.

• Author

Ps; I've blocked them, stopped checking their social media, etc months ago - so I have taken the proper precautions to close that door. I've come to terms that I will not have a relationship with him again, not because of his decision anymore but because I KNOW I can do so much better.

The time has come for you to block them mentally. I would go as far as telling other people you don't want to hear anything about them.

• Like 1
The time has come for you to block them mentally. I would go as far as telling other people you don't want to hear anything about them.

This. I always ask not to talk about her in my presence.

It has done me great since I implemented that.