Perspectives Needed About My EX!

Mattyrobbo1984

Hey guys.....so my ex and I broke up roughly two months ago after five years. She moved city and I was visiting her most weekends but we ended up breaking up any way. Since the break up we had been talking once a week most weeks and after the break up I asked her if she would be open to meeting up in a few months which she said she would be......tonight I got wind that she might be getting feelings for some one else so in a anxious state I rang her asking if she was still open to meeting up in a few months. Given my anxious state she said that it was to early and would not be a good idea. In order to try and make it easier for me to cut away and move on I tried suggest to her that she may as well want to not want to talk to me any more and that she should defriend me from facebook and all social media. At this point she kept saying I never said that.

Rather than getting the answer I wanted that would help me move on (I.e. I don't want to talk to you any more ever and being deleted from facebook), I got a response saying that my behaviour wasn't acceptable and that she needed space, asking would I please accept that and that is all she would say at this point. At this point despite my pretty immature behaviour, she has not given me the response I thought I wanted/needed and it has left me feeling pretty confused because given my behaviour I was mentally prepared for her to tell me to P*ss of and get out of her life for good. This has not happened, and I was wondering if any one had any possible insight as to why she didn't tell me to get lost when I was presenting it to her on a silver platter?

Obviously I know what I have to do know, but was just curious as to whether any one had any thoughts in regards to her response. Thanks heaps!

She doesn't want to hurt your feelings because she still cares about you fundamentally as a person. She's not going to tell you to piss off because she doesn't hate you - she's just indifferent, she's told you politely you were bothering her to spare your feelings. She knows you're hurting and acting irrationally. If she gives you anything else she knows you're going to interpret it in a way it wasn't intended. She knows that you bringing up blocking you on fb etc was just a way to provoke something out of her, she was being kind. There's nothing more to read into, she's just done, and her developing feelings for another guy is most likely the truth and it should be the ultimate slap in the face for you to get back to reality and drop this. YOU need to block her and get on with your life. Block, delete, remove her from your life. There was absolutely nothing more to read into that exchange other than her politely telling you she wants you to leave her alone and give her space, which is essentially politely telling you she wants nothing to do with you.

• Like 3
  • Author
Mattyrobbo1984

Lol....Thank you I wish she had been blunt as you....that really sucks....she had allready done the hard work in terms of breaking up with me...and yet the final thing of not deleting me from facek book etc is meant to be the kind thing to do; People really suck lol

kismetkismet

she probably feels badly for hurting you and doesn't want to do anything more.. You should unfriend HER from facebook if that would help you. It doesn't even have to be a petty thing.. if you're worried about offending her you can literally message her and say, this isn't out of spite or pettiness, but I think it would help me to get some space from this and not know what's going on in your life. I'm going to delete you from fb, maybe we can refriend sometime down the line (if you think you want to do that)