I still like him

It has been 4 months since my boyfriend and I broke up. We were only together for three months. However I still find myself having feelings for him.

I want to get back with him but I know he won't want to. I feel so alone.

Reality015

Best you stay NC & move forward. It will get easier.

Just because you guys were with each other for a short time does not mean you should be able to get over this quickly.

You invested alot in those 3 months.

Sounds like you and this guy had a pretty serious connection for a short amount of time. Or you're regretting the "What could have beens".

Either way, try getting out and meeting new people. Focus on yourself, do things you like. It'll get easier, you just have to be patient and give it time.

casey.lives

Maybe you should try speaking up. i believe in second chances and third .. and then you're OUT! :p

• Author

We did have a serious connection. Today I reached out to him and said I would like to work on our friendship now that we are both winding down with commitments. He never answered.

I have met a very large handful of people over the last 4 months but nothing has happened. They just aren't him.

• Author
Maybe you should try speaking up. i believe in second chances and third .. and then you're OUT! :p

I tried reaching out today telling him I want to work on your friendship since the prior commitments we were in are winding down. He never answered.

We did have a serious connection. Today I reached out to him and said I would like to work on our friendship now that we are both winding down with commitments. He never answered.

I have met a very large handful of people over the last 4 months but nothing has happened. They just aren't him.

I feel your pain, I really do.

If you're not ready to date again, then don't. It's really not worth it if you're not ready.

And to be honest, being friends with exes doesn't really work unless it was a very mutual break up and/or both parties have completely moved on and that usually takes a good amount of time. I tried with my ex, and it was a disaster for me. If he didn't answer, then he's probably not interested in being friends. It's okay to let this one go. Focus on yourself and what you want to do for yourself and don't reach out anymore. You'll be okay, even if it doesn't feel like it now.

• Author
I feel your pain, I really do.

If you're not ready to date again, then don't. It's really not worth it if you're not ready.

And to be honest, being friends with exes doesn't really work unless it was a very mutual break up and/or both parties have completely moved on and that usually takes a good amount of time. I tried with my ex, and it was a disaster for me. If he didn't answer, then he's probably not interested in being friends. It's okay to let this one go. Focus on yourself and what you want to do for yourself and don't reach out anymore. You'll be okay, even if it doesn't feel like it now.

It just really saddens me to give up on him like that because I was there for him even after we broke up and he was dealing with the death of someone he knew.