still cant move on

Its now been over a couple of months,

ive tried so hard to move on, ive covered my self with friends and family and have had great conversations with them, i went out last night and met a fabulous woman, but i just wasnt my self my ex was in the back of my mind and could not even speak to her, my ex is with someone else and i use that to motivate my self to move forward but its just horrible

ephemeralme

so sorry!! but you aren't ready yet to be with another...

not yet.

good for you for taking all the steps, but.... you haven't completely let go or found peace with doing so yet.

tiny steps, .... each step gets you to the summit, but it can be challenging, arduous, painful and long...

it might actually be easier to summit Everest.

• Like 3

Why do you expect to be over your ex and ready to move on and date someone else in just a few months?

That's silly. Give yourself more time. :)

• Like 3

Is she the one who broke up with you?

If so, you can assume she spent many months secretly detaching from you emotionally BEFORE the breakup. She's way ahead of you -- plus, she likely already had this new guy on the horizon to ease her transition even more.

You, on the other hand, were probably blindsided. You're several months behind her, so to compare your healing to hers doesn't make any sense.

• Like 4

ive tried so hard to move on, ive covered my self with friends and family and have had great conversations with them, i went out last night and met a fabulous woman, but i just wasnt my self my ex was in the back of my mind and could not even speak to her, my ex is with someone else and i use that to motivate my self to move forward but its just horrible

According to your other post it's only been a month since you last had contact. Try to mix it up some, engage in new activities, exercise is a huge motivator and it's healthy for you! Keep pushing throught man, I find that at the true 60 day mark is when I'll starting dating again. Maybe, depends on if I have other goals that I want to achieve.

The new guy is a rebound and that's it. She using him to make it easier to forget about you. I don't know how old she is but guaranteed that relationship is more than likely a fling. Forget about her and move on with YOUR life! Rebound relationships SUCK, the new guy is just a pond.

• Like 1

Mate its going to take time. I broke up with my ex six months ago and its still hard. She moved on in a few months and got engaged shortly after. The way I see it is that she has made a fool out of herself with her actions the guy she is with is a complete dingle berry and is all she claimed to dislike. I have not been with anyone since but I have figured that I am doing the right thing by not jumping into anything and when I do find someone I will be a fully healed and better person unlike my ex.

• Like 2
xpaperxcutx

If you're still thinking about your ex then it means you are not ready to date yet. Do not force yourself and do not think a new girl will be an easy replacement.

I hate my ex for jumping onto the next girl the very next day after he dumped me. It's been more than 4 months and I have broken contact repeatedly and begged him. And he treated me like sh*t telling me the past three years was a waste.

You just have to realize that if they don't want us in their lives why should we even want them back? We have so much to offer, and eventually when you are ready, you will find someone who will appreciate you.

• Like 2

Hey dude i feel your post. I've been broken up with my girl of four years for about about 5-6 months now. Every time i think i'm over her i see or hear something that either reminds me of her or is about her. My ex like yours is with someone new and it is eating me up but you just got to remember every day things will start improving even if its not much

Mate its going to take time. I broke up with my ex six months ago and its still hard. She moved on in a few months and got engaged shortly after. The way I see it is that she has made a fool out of herself with her actions the guy she is with is a complete dingle berry and is all she claimed to dislike. I have not been with anyone since but I have figured that I am doing the right thing by not jumping into anything and when I do find someone I will be a fully healed and better person unlike my ex.

Genuinely began choking on thin air reading this. A complete dingle berry :lmao: that has actually made my day, thank you!

Genuinely began choking on thin air reading this. A complete dingle berry :lmao: that has actually made my day, thank you!

Haha glad you liked it

OneBigIdgit

You are approaching this the correct way totenkopf. Its much better and safer to be completely over the ex before you dive in again. Let the dumpers make the mistakes, there is some karma waiting down the line. Especially when they get engaged quickly. My ex got married to the new guy in less than 11 weeks after meeting him. He had advertised on a site that he wasn't interested in dating, looking for a wife. They deserve each other.

She has issues, huge issues and yet I'm still not over her. It takes time.

I guess I'm coming up on 5 months since last time I saw her, I quit counting how long for NC. I'd guess at least 3 months.

As the old hill folks would say, 'I'm touched in the haid'. Haha, it's crazy to miss her after finding out all that was hidden from me, regarding her mental stability.

You are approaching this the correct way totenkopf. Its much better and safer to be completely over the ex before you dive in again. Let the dumpers make the mistakes, there is some karma waiting down the line. Especially when they get engaged quickly. My ex got married to the new guy in less than 11 weeks after meeting him. He had advertised on a site that he wasn't interested in dating, looking for a wife. They deserve each other.

She has issues, huge issues and yet I'm still not over her. It takes time.

I guess I'm coming up on 5 months since last time I saw her, I quit counting how long for NC. I'd guess at least 3 months.

As the old hill folks would say, 'I'm touched in the haid'. Haha, it's crazy to miss her after finding out all that was hidden from me, regarding her mental stability.

Thanks mate although it can be lonely at times after having someone who you think you are so close to I think that it is best I take my time. My ex jumped into a relationship with a retarded bouncer at her work guess it proves how desperate and needy she is. I mean this guy is all she said she hated and it is seriously weird getting engaged after six weeks. Bearing in mind that months before we were walking past this nugget with a few of her friends drinking in her bar and her telling her friends about our plans to get married.

This gump even sent me a picture of the tacky ring he got her and informed me she never loved me I suppose its normal for her to want to marry people she doesn't love then. If I was him I would be rather concerned lol.

totenkopf, you are doing the right things.

Your sense that you are not ready to date is also correct, listen to it :)

It's still a relatively short amount of time. It will get easier.

totenkopf, you are doing the right things.

Your sense that you are not ready to date is also correct, listen to it :)

It's still a relatively short amount of time. It will get easier.

Thanks mate.

I am still very confused and hurt by the breakup as mentioned we were planning to get married and move in together I would also regularly take care of her son and built a bond with him. I really did not see this coming but she has a long history of doing this kind of thing to people but she told me so many things about how I was everything to her and such that I believed it. I think after going through over forty men at 25 it speaks volumes about her though.

The best revenge is a life lived well.

And yeah, sounds like a break from dating for a while longer is needed.