My gf just broke up with me and I want to write her a letter.

Hello. My girlfriend just broke up with me due to me leaving the country for a few years here in a two weeks to do volunteer work. (A childhood dream of mine I'd had planned for years.) I have really strong feelings for her and would like to rekindle our feelings and relationship once I come back if she's still available. I already started writing her a letter because I was going to be the one to break up with her, but I never finished it. I want to fill the letter with memories of us together, my thoughts and hopes for her; as well as my future, and the hope that maybe love will find us again someday when I return. What would you guys put in the letter to end on a good note and leave a fire burning for the future? Also, should I give it to her now since we just broke up an hour ago, or should I wait? If so, how long? Thanks everyone.

No, she doesn't deserve a letter from you if she broke up with you because you are pursuing your dream. The letter will only be seen as something to manipulate to have her back, and make her feel that she's right.

You also shouldn't be contacting her anymore of that's what she wants. Start no contact and pursue your dreams. Good luck!

• Author
No, she doesn't deserve a letter from you if she broke up with you because you are pursuing your dream. The letter will only be seen as something to manipulate to have her back, and make her feel that she's right.

You also shouldn't be contacting her anymore of that's what she wants. Start no contact and pursue your dreams. Good luck!

Even if it's just focused on the good times we had together, saying how she deserves the best, and saying that maybe love will find us again? She says she still wants to be friends. Should I still contact her on and off over the years? Or will I have a better chance with her later on if I don't contact her at all? Thanks for you help!

you must let it go

Give it time! my EX of 16 years 2 kids house ect.. she got back with her EX before me! strange world leve it go if it's meant to be it will be..

Edited by you must let it go

Write a letter, pour out all your feelings about her. Just do not send it to her. Anyone who would break up with you because you are pursuing your dream is not worth it.

• Like 1
SheleftmeforMichael
Write a letter, pour out all your feelings about her. Just do not send it to her. Anyone who would break up with you because you are pursuing your dream is not worth it.

Depending on the kind of person you are, I would recommend doing what TunaCat suggested. It helps mentally to put the thoughts and feelings you are harboring on paper in flushing them out of your system...but do not send her or give her that letter. Trust me when I say this. This should be exclusive to just you.

After my breakup, I wrote out a long letter and poured out all my feelings and thoughts on how great my ex was and why we broke up and why I was in such disbelief and hurt that she jumped ship on me in less than week. I put everything in that letter and I left it on my dining room table for her to read and find (she was still living with me for a time after the breakup occurred) with the hopes she'd understand and just admit and give me the truth that she left me for greener pastures.....I never got the response I was looking for. Instead, I got nothing but disgust from her and continued denial. It left me confused, crushed and even further in the pits of despair.

Just because you write the letter and pour everything out upon it does not mean you'll get the response you desire. Use the writing to help YOU cope and release yourself from the pain and keep it exclusive to you. Save yourself the possible situation I had to endure.

• Like 1

Read less scammy 'text your ex back' guides. They don't work.

From a position of guy who sent a letter... It's tragically bad idea.

Like really really really bad.