can exs be easily forgotton

as me and my ex was together for more than 2 years, i was her longest relationship, we split up and within a couple of weeks she moved in with another guy, can i be this easily forgotten?

In my opinion, duration is not the only factor of a long-lasting relationship.

Perhaps, even before she decided to walk out, she probably have thoughts on ending the relationship or may have already found someone new.

It doesn't matter if she has forgotten you easily or not. She has someone new, so be it. You wouldn't want to date someone who can't remain commit to the relationship.

• Like 1

No it can't be, the only way to easily forget someone is to clear them from existence, no more pictures, no more mutual friends, no more going to places you 2 used to go to, think about it, and last of all, when a beautiful woman notices you, the one who hurt you will fade away

• Like 2

It isn't that you're forgotten. It is that you don't fit in her brain anymore. Or really the "you and her" doesn't fit anymore. It is like wearing new clothes. You don't forget about those old beloved jeans with the holes in them. But you just would rather wear the new pair you just found and thus do so.

From a neuroscience perspective, the neural network in her brain (a collection of neurons) that was "you and her" has been supplanted with the new neural network of "her and him". The Her and Him network of neurons is firing with all sorts of elevated emotions while the network of You and Her falls into disuse. In time the You and Her network will degrade unless stimulated and the two of you will be but a memory.

I bring this up not because it is all science-y and well, sort of depressing, but the exact same stuff is going on in your brain right now. Except you're firing the neurons in the You and Her network hard right now. And you're doing it with elevated emotions. Which basically burns that network in even deeper. That's why you always hear people say you have to get you mind off of her. Focus on someone else. Or yourself. Or a hobby. Avoid firing those neurons and your network of You and Her will fade into memory as well.

• Like 4
mrin, i understand but i just want her back and i fear that she will forget about me
She'll never FORGET. But her inattention will be natural, not purposeful, so you pretty much need to get used to that.
  • Like 1
casey.lives

it's easy to forget a douche bag who breaks your heart and humiliates you. It's hard to forget a loving caring tender man who say's goodbye in a dignified fashion.

I think a lot depends on whether she really likes this new guy, or if he is just a rebound. Possibly you should try one time with her to convey your feelings towards her, and give her a chance to resume the relationship with you. If she is still interested in you, that is great, otherwise you can move on emotionally. Sometimes what keeps us thinking about another person so much, after we have broken up, is that we are uncertain how they truly feel, if we did not get full closure.

mrin, i understand but i just want her back and i fear that she will forget about me

At this point, the chances of her coming back to you are close to zero.

I'm not saying that to be cruel, just to be realistic.

Get on with your own life and don't spend all your time thinking about her.

Think about yourself and your own wellbeing.

I think a lot depends on whether she really likes this new guy, or if he is just a rebound. Possibly you should try one time with her to convey your feelings towards her, and give her a chance to resume the relationship with you. If she is still interested in you, that is great, otherwise you can move on emotionally. Sometimes what keeps us thinking about another person so much, after we have broken up, is that we are uncertain how they truly feel, if we did not get full closure.

^^Worst advice ever^^, this is false hope. She's already shacked up with her rebound guy. DO NOT engage with her if she comes running back. Move on and ingnore! That would be a love triangle that you do not want to get involved in.

Not all woman but some are co-dependant and can't be alone for very long. Take in point your ex that moved on after 2 weeks. You are not alone this happens a lot.

Do everything you can to forget about her! Start working out, new/old hobbies, school, anything YOU want to do!

Even if she came running back the relationship is already dead, NEVER GO BACK! The reasons you two broke up still exist and will never go away. Ponder over the last month of your relationship, where there any signs?

Remember those signs for future relationships so you can dump first and you aren't the 1 left with a broken heart! Good luck dude.

• Like 4
OneBigIdgit

She isn't going to forget you. The important thing is to make sure that you leave a good memory. With the emotions tearing at you right now, the only way you can leave a good memory, one that will earn you a little respect, is to leave her alone. Her choice of leaving and shacking up with a new guy will all work out regardless of what you do. Walk away and find a new hobby, something that you always thought you'd do and had just never took the time. Nows the time.

Go total No Contact, get your head wrapped around something else and you'll make it fine. Come to LoveShack to talk your way through the tough emotions you are going to be feeling. We'll talk to you. She probably will only hurt your feelings

• Like 2

What does it mean to you if she does or doesn't? If you continue to be "stuck" in the past you can't move on......not forward.....on. There is a difference.