Ex's ex...

imtrying211

I think my ex has gotten back together with his previous girlfriend even though he said he hasn't. We broke up a little over a week ago (see yesterday's thread for story) and I'm still trying to recover from this. I feel like I need to know if they are back together, even though I don't know if it'll make me feel better or worse. I want to think that it'll help me to accept the fact that it's really over between us. I've resorted to checking her facebook page (I know I shouldn't be!), because he deactivated his account when we broke up. I'm convinced they are back together, almost obsessing over it, and I know I shouldn't be. Will it give me closure to find out? Will it set me back in my healing process? I just don't know. They had a very bad relationship, she was violent, put him down, etc. Would finding out he chose that over me push me over the edge? Should I really even give a crap?

I see my ex at work, so keeping him off my mind is very difficult. On a positive note though, I did see him multiple times today and didn't say a word, or even look in his direction! I'm proud of that at least ;)

You shouldn't give a crap, but it's very hard not to.

I think the reaction to seeing your ex with someone else is dependent on the individual. Somehow it meant minimal to me this time with my latest ex (after the initial blow to the chest of finding it out) because it seems like such a dysfunctional relationship that I'm not at all envious of. I think the idea of seeing your ex with someone that was abusive to them makes you think "what?! I was worse than that?!" which is a terrible thought you should avoid at all cost - comparing yourself to others is always bad news and you're way better than her anyways.

imtrying211, hey i completely feel for you, ive seen my exes new guy and im like what, honestly, you went for that? Then i wonder if my exes taste really is that bad in men, then i think does that mean her taste in me is bad and so on and so forth.

Sometimes it gets you down, other times you think, im still better than him, as ravfour4 said, avoid comparing, it does your head in and isnt worth it.

The decision of him taking a trip back into the past and getting together with his abuse ex-girlfriend obviously shows lack self-love and maybe even some desperation. Could also be GIGS.

And no you should not give a crap. Because his actions are non of your concern. And they shouldn't be, if you want to achieve maximum healing!

Avoid him as much as possible and focus on you ! Block him on FB and avoid him at work.

I think my ex has gotten back together with his previous girlfriend even though he said he hasn't. We broke up a little over a week ago (see yesterday's thread for story) and I'm still trying to recover from this. I feel like I need to know if they are back together, even though I don't know if it'll make me feel better or worse. I want to think that it'll help me to accept the fact that it's really over between us. I've resorted to checking her facebook page (I know I shouldn't be!), because he deactivated his account when we broke up. I'm convinced they are back together, almost obsessing over it, and I know I shouldn't be. Will it give me closure to find out? Will it set me back in my healing process? I just don't know. They had a very bad relationship, she was violent, put him down, etc. Would finding out he chose that over me push me over the edge? Should I really even give a crap?

I see my ex at work, so keeping him off my mind is very difficult. On a positive note though, I did see him multiple times today and didn't say a word, or even look in his direction! I'm proud of that at least ;)

Be proud of yourself that you don't even look in his direction. Time to block them on your facebook. Looking at their facebook profiles will surely hinder your healing process.