If you want someone you should go for it... But... :(

Monicafeloolah

Me and him broke up only 2mos ago, we decided to remain friends and we've been in constant contact. The reason we broke up is that he thinks that I shouldn't be involved with him while he's trying to fix his life and be responsible (finally). I think it's a great idea that he's finally starting to get a move on with his life on this aspect but i kind of wish he didn't have to leave me. We both still love each other and care for each other deeply but whenever i try to suggest that we get back together he just says he needs time. I understand this but it just frustrates me that i know he loves me and i love him and we're not doing anything about it.

He keeps saying he was a bad boyfriend (he was actually) but i can't help but think he is not. I mean yes he has his flaws but so did i. anyway...

I don't know what to do, when we see each other we act like we're super close...he even kissed me once or twice and says it's hard for him not to treat me this way when he's around me, but he never took advantage of me. he never tried to sleep with me he just hugs me real tight and kisses me.

we're going on a trip with my friends in 2mos... we planned this trip when we were still together and he says he still wants to come with. I don't know what will happen but i do know what i want... do you think it's wise to try to get back together then?

I've been trying to start dating again but it's harder than i thought because i'm still very much in love with him.

What should i do... ? help please.

unsubscribe

Strength in Healing

Well, as usual, I tell it blunt. Hurts but heals later.

He can't be with you because he's with another girl. You really think he couldn't have stayed in a relationship with you while improving himself? That doesn't sound a bit odd being as how millions of couples do it every day?

He's playing you like a violin. Baking a cake and eating it too. You're playing along. You need to respect yourself.

Have some dignity and cut him off. Now.

Forget what he wants. What do you want?

If you want to date him you need to tell him that. If he only wants to be friends but you want more, you have to walk completely away because sticking around & settling is only hurting you. You will not be able to date others while you are still hung up on him. If you do get a new BF the minute that person finds out he's an EX not just a plain friend, the new guy will be unhappy until you get rid of the EX. There is no scenario where being only friends works.

Wow, yeah -- agree with the above posts.

He's playing you, trying to keep you on the backburner as a possible Plan B option in case it doesn't work out with anyone else.... do you REALLY want to be someone's backup plan?

You think he *loves* you, playing you like that?

This trip you planned when you were a couple sounds like the worst idea ever. I think you want to go along in hopes this will light a spark. Again: worst idea ever.

You deserve so much more than what this guy has to offer. But as long as you continue to stay in contact with him, you won't get over him -- which means you won't be free to give your heart to someone who's actually WORTHY of it!

Read up on No Contact here on this site. And here's a guide that will help you with recovery: http://www.breakuprecoveryguide.com

• Like 1

He's leading you on, keeping you on the line "just in case"

It sounds harsh, but if you love someone, you can't not be with them.

Look how hard no contact is for all of us?